- 5-7 plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience of expanding funding sources and cultivating existing donor relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; strong personal skills and the ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical fundraising initiatives
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside the organization
- Proven track record in corporate and foundation development
- Experience in networking within the framework of the not-for-profit world with corporate managers of external and outreach
- Entrepreneurial mindset with ability to think strategically and creatively with the ability to generate out-of-the-box solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work well with a group, independently, and with stakeholders of diverse backgrounds.
- Proactive and has a habit of presenting possible solutions alongside problems that have been identified.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
Whitepapers and Reports highlight consumer protection problems, challenge popular assumptions, inform regulators, and drive media interest that raises awareness.
- BBB Scam Tracker, a crowd-sourced tool that maps scams across the United States and Canada. BBB Scam Tracker data is shared with law enforcement to drive criminal investigations and is shared with the Federal Trade Commission for inclusion in its Consumer Sentinel Network database.
- Impact: Featured in blogs and consumer advisories from both the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Digital IQ, through interactive quizzes, crowdsourced “how-to” videos, and topical educational materials, consumers from the newbie to the digital native gain practical knowledge they need to navigate their digital world safely and confidently.
- Impact: Digital IQ’s tips for safe and smart online shopping are featured in BBB’s annual Holiday Helper campaign distributed by BBBs around the country and through national and local media outlets.
- BBB AdTruth, online resources where consumers learn to spot and report misleading and deceptive advertising, view video vignettes, and participate in interactive quizzes.
- Impact: BBB AdTruth’s television public service announcements were ranked by Nielsen in the top 10% of all PSAs in 2016.
- BBB Military Line , an educational program for active duty service members, their families, and veterans that leverages the local BBB network to deliver engaging seminars on a range of consumer and financial education topics.
- Impact: More than 35,000 members of the military community have participated in BBB Military Line seminars and events.
- BBB Smart Investing, a partnership with FINRA Investor Education Foundation that provides multimedia and in-person training to help consumers manage and protect their money.
- Impact: Over 37,000 people have been trained to make wise financial decisions and avoid bad investments by BBBs across the U.S.
- Corporate ethics initiatives, including the Trust! Assessment, a unique diagnostic tool that enables businesses to measure their employees’ understanding of ethical issues and take strategic action to address areas of concern.
- Impact: BBBI’s International Torch Awards for Ethics An annual award celebrating one small, medium, and large company selected by an independent panel of judges for their outstanding corporate citizenship and high standards of organizational ethics.
We are located one block from the Clarendon Metro in Arlington, VA and offer great benefits including strong, medical and dental plans 401(k) contributions with immediate participation, and telecommuting options by arrangement. Interested candidates may submit a cover letter and a resume with salary requirements indicating the position they are interested in within the Subject line to email@example.com. EOE