About Framingham State University:
Framingham State University is a vibrant comprehensive liberal arts institution located just 20 miles west of Boston.
Framingham State University is committed to Inclusive Excellence through collaborative and sustainable partnerships with faculty, staff, students and the greater community. At FSU, we encourage a supportive, diverse and collaborative environment in which we learn from each other through informed and open communication, institutional practices and community engagement. FSU provides a culturally relevant education that includes a beautiful campus with 53 undergraduate and graduate programs, a highly personalized teaching environment, and unparalleled commitment to excellence in diversity and inclusion.
Framingham State University is honored to be recognized for the third consecutive year as a recipient of the INSIGHT into Diversity prestigious Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) award. The HEED award is the only national recognition honoring colleges and universities that exhibit outstanding efforts and success in the area of diversity and inclusion throughout their campuses.
Visit http://www.framingham.edu/careers to learn more about employment opportunities at Framingham State University.
General Statement of Duties: Provide leadership for, and day-to-day management of, an integrated program of alumni relations and development activities that directly supports the goals of the Office of Development and Alumni Relations.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Managing all alumni relations activities for the University, setting a strategic vision, establishing and implementing short and long-range operational goals, objectives, policies, and procedures, monitoring and evaluating programs and initiatives, and effecting changes required for improvement.
- Serving as special event manager for the department, overseeing all events and supporting colleagues in the planning of events.
- Executing a successful Reunion Weekend event in the spring and Homecoming in the fall, achieving attendance and giving targets.
- Supporting the Board of Directors of the FSU Alumni Association, attending all related meetings, managing the Board's work, and engaging Board members in alumni events, activities, and initiatives.
- Developing a strong alumni campus engagement program, working closely with colleagues campus-wide, including career services, athletics, and academic programs.
- Building a comprehensive student and young alumni engagement program.
- Working with the Director of Communications on the content development and production of the FSU alumni magazine.
- Supporting the University's development efforts by meeting personally with a small portfolio of alumni throughout the year, cultivating relationships, and soliciting giftts.
- Assisting the Executive Director with the management of advancement services and development operations.
- Maintaining regular communication and strong cooperation with the staff and leadership of the Independent Association of Framingham State Alumni.
- Continually strengthening the department's online presence.
- This position is accountable for ensuring that affirmative action, equal opportunity and diversity are integrally tied to all actions and decisions in areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time, exempt, benefits-eligible position in the APA bargaining unit at the rank of Director. The salary range is $70,000 to $90,000, commensurate with education and experience.
Framingham State University conducts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) checks relative to prior criminal convictions and pending cases, as well as Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) checks relative to prior sexual offenses committed as an adult or juvenile on final candidates prior to an offer of employment for all positions. Framingham State University requires specific written authorization to conduct background checks. Failure to provide such authorization shall preclude your application from receiving further consideration.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
For best consideration, application materials must be received by April 30, 2017.
Framingham State University only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery. If you experience technical issues with the online application process, please submit a helpdesk ticket.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in alumni relations, fundraising, event management, or other closely related fields is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; creativity, initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities; leadership, personal approachability, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to plan and execute events with a high level of skill.
- The ability to work with high level prospects, alumni, donors and friends
- The ability to travel and work some nights/weekends is required.
- Prior experience in a higher education setting strongly preferred.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge is preferred.