The California Pharmacists Association’s (CPhA) Director of Resource Development is responsible for overall non-dues fund development through targeted programs and services that convey CPhA’s value proposition to companies that support pharmacists and pharmacy practices. This position will concentrate efforts on building effective relationships with corporate partners, exhibitors, sponsors, and will manage all endorsed program royalty agreements. The Director of Resource Development reports to the Vice President, Center for Learning.
Key Characteristics & Skills:
The Director of Resource Development should possess competencies in the following skill areas:
- High level of initiative and attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Relationship oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Innovation & creativity
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, relationships, proposals and commitments
- Integrity and upholding the values of the association
- Strong relationship-based sales background; experience and proven track record in identifying prospective leads, negotiating agreements, and closing sales
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel frequently
- Serve as the lead staff member for all non-dues fund development with corporate entities for CPhA programs.
- Develop deep and meaningful relationships with representatives from entities providing funding to CPhA to cultivate and foster stewardship.
- Oversee and manage fund development for corporate advisory council, exhibits, sponsorships, endorsed services, and all other funding needs as required.
- Establish an annual budget in each area of fund development and present to Vice President for approval.
- Coordinate and communicate with program staff to understand financial needs and develop strategies for accomplishing funding.
- Implement a system to gather feedback from corporate funders regarding successes and areas for growth. Implement systems changes as needed.
Tradeshow & Sponsorship Development
- Collaborate with all staff to coordinate successful tradeshows.
- Make high volume of outbound calls to recruit exhibitors and sponsors for association annual conference and regional educational programs.
- Develop a system to proactively research and identify new prospective exhibitors.
- Work with conference planning team to coordinate logistics and deliverables for trade shows. Develop, maintain and implement cost-effective processes and procedures for successful coordination of tradeshows, ensuring event and program delivery strategies and plans align with CPhA’s financial objectives.
- Provide regular sales update to the VP, Center for Learning on sales and pipeline activity.
- Collaborate with accounting staff on a timely manner regarding invoicing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.
- Partner with marketing staff to execute outbound marketing tactics.
- Suggest an evaluation framework to assess the strengths of tradeshows and to identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure effective timelines are established and maintain a strong collaboration with communications and marketing (design) department regarding all aspects of tradeshows.
- Work with tradeshow vendors, e.g. exhibit house, printers, etc., to ensure timely, cost-effective execution
- Manage sponsorship schedule including working with internal partners on upcoming sponsorship activity, fulfilling logistical requests and updating spreadsheet with recent activity.
Assist in creation and send of pre-show and post-show communications
- Travel to and support onsite execution and management of key events, including show set-up and take-down
- Work with Vice President in preparation of program and event budgets and ensure budget goals are met. Prepare program financial reports to Vice President and ensure overall event reconciliation.