The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Foundation (OMS Foundation), located in Rosemont, IL, has an immediate opening for a Development Director. The Development Director will be responsible for refining and implementing a fundraising plan that will include the annual fund, planned giving, major gifts and corporate giving and will work closely with the Associate Executive Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors. This new position is part of a 4 – 5 person Foundation, housed in the offices of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS) which has a staff of 50+.
Founded in 1959, the OMS Foundation strategically invests in opportunities at the forefront of research, patient care, and education. OMS Foundation sees continuous innovation and improvement in the profession as an imperative and to that end has granted more than $12 million in research awards, fellowships, and specialty-focused projects. The research and education supported by the Foundation is designed to improve both the treatment and experience of patients requiring oral and maxillofacial surgery. Recipients of OMS Foundation research awards have pioneered breakthroughs in pain management, implants, tissue regeneration, and innovative surgical techniques.
- Refine and implement an effective fundraising strategy which engages new individual and corporate donors and maintains engagement of current donors.
- Coordinate with Associate Executive Director, Board of Directors and volunteers to identify, cultivate and solicit major donors.
- Prepare and implement fundraising activities, such as direct mail appeals, individual solicitation, corporate sponsorships, and special events.
- Establish procedures and timelines for fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising activities are carried out in a timely manner.
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan in cooperation with the communications department to promote the Foundation to potential and current donors and maximize awareness of the Foundation’s mission.
- Coordinate the design and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts.
- Report to the Board of Directors on the progress of the development program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.