The Director of Development for the Brady Urological Institute will plan, manage and coordinate all private sector fundraising in support of the research, teaching and patient care mission of Brady. The Director will oversee a staff of approximately five individuals and is responsible for Brady’s $115 million capital campaign that will end in June of 2018. The Director will coordinate all fundraising activities in consultation with the Chairman of Brady, division directors, faculty, department administrators and the FJHM staff. The Director will have a dual reporting relationship to the Associate Vice President of Development of the Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine and to the Chairman of the Brady Urological Institute.
Work directly with the Chairman of Brady and the Associate Vice President to create a development vision and strategy for Brady that will meet the $115M capital campaign goal and increase fundraising results.
Articulate fundraising priorities, goals and objectives. Develop an annual and long range operating plan to allow for implementation of the vision and strategy.
Serve on the senior management team of the Chairman; participate in strategic planning for the department.
Plan, implement, and manage a major gift fund-raising program to meet departmental priorities as identified below:
- Create annual fundraising work plans for individual fundraisers and the team that includes fundraising goals and targets for proposals to be presented, faculty referrals and visits planned, in accordance with institutional standards.
- Maintain an active portfolio of up to 100 prospects and engage directly in major and principal gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Schedule and arrange on-site and off-site meetings and cultivation/-recognition events such as research presentations, chair and laboratory dedications, cultivation and stewardship visits with faculty and the major gift donors and prospects; develop agendas and coordinate the participation of faculty, administration leaders, trustees, and volunteers.
- Prepare and direct preparation of principal and major gift proposals, solicitation letters, and other cultivation materials and stewardship information for major gift prospects and donors.
- Identify, enlist, motivate, guide, and support volunteers and trustees for participation in major solicitations.
- Manage and staff the Prostate Cancer Advisory Board.
- Provide education and training to faculty and volunteers about the dynamics of major gift fundraising.
- Participate in administrative and faculty meetings within the department, as well as, participating in administrative and staff meetings at the Fund for Johns Hopkins Medicine and Johns Hopkins University.
- Provide oversight for mandatory stewardship program, which include coordination of over 80 annual stewardship plans for $100,000 plus donors.
Coordinate access and utilization of Central resources such as the offices of gift planning, principal gifts, research, donor relations and events. Partner with development colleagues on donors/prospects with multiple affiliations.
The incumbent will supervise and lead a team consisting of a combination of three fundraisers (ranging from Senior Associate Director level to Assistant Director level), a Sr. Development Coordinator, and a Development Coordinator. Provide guidance, direction and motivation to retain and nurture superior talent.
Prepare and manage budget for the Brady development office; partner with the Department Administrator.
Coordinate and oversee marketing and communication activities related to development for the department.
Other duties as assigned.