* Ten to fifteen years of experience in advancement with at least three years in a senior development and fundraising positions preferably at an institution of higher education.
* Demonstrated senior leadership experience with strategic and budget planning in a complex organization, with the ability to define a vision, set goals and strengthen the institution's culture of philanthropy.
* Experience fundraising during organizational change and transformation as an opportunity for renewed funding.
* Experience fundraising for civic and/or public programs.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain and foster productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Demonstrated ability to raise and secure funds from a variety of sources.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate, attract, and close major gift funding support for a university or large non-profit organization.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and successful experience in planned giving, donor cultivation, and solicitation.
* Experience cultivating and closing seven figure gifts from individual and/or family foundations.
* Experience leading a Capital Campaign.
* Ability to analyze and synthesize data into effective strategies - ability to plan, organize, and evaluate programs and activities and make recommendations for improvement.
* Experience in budget preparation, fiscal management and personnel supervision.
* Comprehensive understanding of the use of management information systems in fundraising.
* Ability to work with trustees, alumni, volunteers, and college administrators.
* Capability to build a team; ability to motivate.
* Ease in meeting and conversing with a wide range of people in varying social and business situations.
* Commitment to the College's mission, vision and values including a commitment to diversity.
* Position requires frequent travel as well as evening and weekend work.
* Demonstrated success in organizing and managing professional staff.
* Excellent oral and written skills.
* Strong organizational skills.