OFRF is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Development Director to manage our fundraising initiatives. This position is full-time, exempt with benefits and based out of our Santa Cruz, CA office but remote candidates may be considered. The Development Director reports to the Executive Director (ED) and is responsible for overseeing foundation relationships and proposals; individual donor stewardship; corporate sponsorships; special events; direct mail, and online giving.
The Development Director works closely with OFRF’s small but dynamic staff to design and implement an effective fundraising plan to meet and grow the annual operating budget. We are looking for someone with a demonstrated ability to show initiative, achieve goals, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads development of annual fundraising goals.
- Provides oversight of development activities, including foundation and federal grants, corporate and individual giving, endowments, and fund raising events.
- In partnership with the ED and Development Associate, designs/implements new creative fundraising opportunities and programs.
- Supervises the Development Associate.
- Manages Saleforce-based donor database to maintain accurate records and reports on both progress towards revenue goals as well as prospect and stewardship tracking.
- Provides strategic oversight of development and production of materials and marketing collateral.
- Oversees the development calendar.
- Supports ED’s cultivation of major donors.
- Researches and develops opportunities for grant funding.
- Writes foundation and federal grant proposals, including budgets, in association with ED and program staff.
- Manages grant deliverables and reporting for existing grants.
- Assists ED in managing relationships with foundations.
- Designs and implements stewardship programs to expand current donor base, increase level of giving, and re-engage lapsed donors.
- Provides oversight of donor acknowledgements, including personal calls from Board or ED, letters, annual report, web, and signage or naming opportunities.
- Manages the creation and production of fundraising appeals.
- Supports the ED in stewarding major donors.
- Provides strategy and oversight in the design and production of fundraising events.
- Manages corporate relationships and donor stewardship.
- Identifies, tracks, and negotiates appropriate sponsorship opportunities; drafts contracts as needed.