The Senior Director of Development provides direction and coordination of fundraising strategies and capital campaign management for the Delta Gamma Foundation. This professional will oversee annual giving, donor relations, prospect research, major and planned gifts and should have experience in crafting and executing a metrics-based comprehensive development program. This professional will be responsible for supervising and coaching the development team and reports directly to the Foundation Executive Director. (60%)
In addition, the Senior Director of Development also serves as a principal gift officer for the Delta Gamma Foundation. (40%)
This is an onsite, full time and permanent executive position at Delta Gamma Executive Offices in Columbus, OH.
- Provide leadership and direction for all campaign fundraising, providing input in the identification and management of campaign fundraising leadership and volunteers from the field.
- Develop, implement, and assess major, annual and planned gift fundraising programs for all campaigns that support the mission and objectives of the Delta Gamma Foundation and Fraternity.
- Solicit major gifts at the $100,000 + level working closely with high-level volunteers, donors and prospects, overseeing prospect management.
- Train, motivate, supervise and evaluate development team to promote efficient and effective qualification, cultivation, solicitation, gift closure and stewardship of individual prospects.
- Oversee development and travel schedules to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities.
- Collaborate with development team to identify and develop a dynamic menu of fundraising opportunities with a specific focus on reaching campaign goals and securing multiyear gifts.
- Work with the Foundation Executive Director, development team, Board members and senior leadership to understand current projects and their costs to determine budget needs and timelines.
- Consult on development of communication materials including talking points, cases for support, giving opportunities and proposals in conjunction with the Director of Strategic Communications.
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Extensive travel is expected including some evenings and weekends.
- Donor prospecting through cold calling and prospect research.
- Provide Foundation Executive Director with a quarterly summary of all donor development activity as well as additional prospect and development reports.
- Perform additional responsibilities as determined by the Foundation Executive Director.
- Support the Foundation, the Fraternity and the leadership of both.