Marian University is a Catholic applied liberal arts community that welcomes diverse spiritual traditions. Sponsored by the Congregation of Sisters of St. Agnes, Marian University engages students in the education of the whole person. We embrace justice and compassion and transform lives for professional service and leadership in the global community.
Marian University is accepting applications for the full-time position of Major Gifts and Planned Giving Officer. Reporting to the Vice President for Advancement, the Major Gifts and Planned Giving Officer will be an active fundraiser with clear and ambitious annual and capital dollar goals. This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual major and planned gifts from University constituents and the community in an effort to meet annual and capital dollar goals.
The essential functions include:
- Work closely with the Vice President of Advancement in developing effective strategies and programs to meet both dollar and participation goals for Advancement.
- Plan, execute and evaluate all major and planned gift strategies, donor/prospect identification and research, and the prospect management system.
- Cultivate and solicit major and planned gifts for the University and assist the Vice President for Advancement in providing support services for the President, executives, deans and others in the cultivation and solicitation of gifts.
- Increase the number of known planned gift intentions by educating, informing and inspiring individuals to consider making an estate gift.
- Report results of donor/prospect visits to Vice President for Advancement, including detailed plans for moving the individual towards an eventual gift. Record detailed notes of each visit in the advancement database.
- Perform a variety of major gift facilitation tasks, in conjunction with campaign planning, under the supervision of the Vice President for Advancement. This might include planning and coordinating arrangements for screening sessions high-level cultivation events, preparing lead materials for others, etc.
- Assist the Vice President for Advancement in providing staff services to the Board Advancement Committee.
- Plan and execute a planned giving strategic plan, including solicitations, appeal letters, planned giving marketing materials.
- Identify fundraising capabilities of Power Campus system to better assist with donor management.
- Convey and deliver a professional and positive image and attitude regarding the University.
- Demonstrate commitment to continued professional growth and development.
- Strong written communication skills to write and edit letters, memos, reports, solicitation materials, volunteer training materials, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and implement individual and broad-ranging cultivation and solicitation techniques.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.