Associate Director of Development
Consider joining the award-winning Temple University. Our 17 schools and colleges, nine campuses, hundreds of degree programs and more than 38,000 students combine to create one of the nation's most comprehensive and diverse learning environments. In neighborhoods, across disciplines and on a global stage, members of the Temple community are making things happen. To learn about Temple and all the available resources, go to: http://www.temple.edu/about/.
Reporting to the Director of Development (DOD) for the Maurice H. Kornberg School of Dentistry, the Associate Director of Development (ADOD) will devise strategies and be responsible for prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation of gifts of $50,000 and above, as well as significant alumni relations activity including local, regional and national events management. The ADOD's portfolio will consist of KSOD alumni and will focus on fundraising priorities set by the Dean in consultation with the DOD. Working in coordination with the KSOD Alumni Association, the ADOD will also strategize with and manage the dental alumni association activity and administrative operations. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and four years of fundraising/higher education alumni experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Experience in a higher learning setting a plus and flexibility and willingness to adjust to a dynamic work environment.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Directs and oversees fundraising initiatives, activities, and events.
- Qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors and prospective donors with the capacity to make Major Gift level commitments of $50,000 and above in support of the School of Dentistry and/or Temple University.
- Works closely with Central Advancement operations teams for prospect research, gift planning and the central leadership gift team.
- Plans, implements, and attends innovative top-tier events, programs and reunions designed to engage alumni.
- Develops, implements, and manages strategies and administrative operations of the dental alumni association activity in conjunction with Dental Alumni Board
- Directs and develops internal and external relationships within school; interacts with all levels within the organization.
- Develops, implements and manages yearly operating plan
- Requires travel and some evening and weekend work.
To apply for this position, and view other Temple opportunities, go to:
Please reference 17000824
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Temple University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.