The Senior Manager of the Annual Dinner is a member of the Institutional Advancement Team, formed to help Equal Justice Works grow from a small to medium-sized nonprofit with an expanded revenue base. The Senior Manager will help identify, manage, cultivate, solicit, acknowledge, and steward unrestricted donors to achieve the organization’s key strategic goals. The Senior Manager will focus primarily on the Annual Dinner, and will work to expand the Annual Fund program over time.
The Senior Manager reports to the Chief Development Officer and supervises one staff member. The Senior Manager will often participate in meetings with the Executive Director, Executive Vice President and Director of Philanthropy to help develop the strategy and execution of activities that will garner the necessary resources to sustain and scale Equal Justice Works programs.
Serve as the team lead for executing the Annual Dinner by cultivating and recruiting the Dinner Steering Committee, while also being responsible for corporate, law firm, and individual fundraising for the event. In 2016, the dinner raised $3.1 million.
- Work with committee members and their offices to solicit and secure sponsors.
- Create a sponsor pyramid and maintain a donor pipeline
- Recommend calls and visits to be made by the Executive Director, Chief Development Officer, and others to achieve the dinner goal.
- Contribute to a marketing plan for the dinner, including providing content for event communications and collateral
- Develop assignments for Steering Committee members, Board, and key staff
- Recommend and help confirm the dinner honoree and emcee
- Identify guests from the dinner to be included in the annual fund pipeline
- Collaborate with internal and external events staff on dinner location and logistics
Identify unrestricted major donors, prospects and suspects and develop and implement strategies for donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and recognition. In 2016, just over $600k was raised by the annual fund.
- Maintain and cultivate a portfolio of annual fund donors
- Help set revenue goal for annual giving campaign and manage donor pipeline
- Develop plans and implement campaigns for the Board of Directors, Board of Counselors, and other unrestricted major donors
- Work with donors and staff to plan and execute special events (receptions, gatherings, etc.) in key cities for the purpose of identifying and recruiting new donors
- Contribute to the development and execution of a marketing and communications plan in support of the annual fund
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Chief Development Officer, Director of Philanthropy and other staff in helping them plan and make effective solicitation visits.
- Help identify and recruit leading donors for the Board of Counselors.