The Vice President, Major, Principal and Planned Giving is a position established to significantly grow the major individual giving and planned giving programs of the March of Dimes.
- Conceive and manage major gift solicitations aimed at providing significant funding for the Foundation and the $75 million Campaign to End Premature Birth. Establishes and directs plans for the Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs. Recommends changes as needed to better align the Foundation to a donor-centered environment where higher-gift capable donors are at the “highest and best” level for the overall good of March of Dimes. Develops and coordinates a world-class Principal giving program to steward, engage, solicit, and close 7+ figure transformational gifts. Create and provide staff support for a high level volunteer cabinet to support principal giving.
- Works with the Chief Development Officer to offer consultation, evaluate performance, develop tools, and provide support to local markets in order to increase the likelihood that they achieve significant income growth in major giving.
- Coordinates the major giving program with the overall planning and implementation of all fundraising and mission-related programs of the Foundation for the purpose of assuring the greatest possible leveraging of resources and opportunities. Develops a planned giving infrastructure that supports the identification of potential planned giving prospects, cultivation of said prospects, and capture of planned giving expectancies to support future revenue.
- Stimulates and guides volunteer leadership in all phases of the Foundation’s major giving program. Provides support to the Chief Development Officer in managing the volunteer campaign committee structure at the national level (Board and National Office of Volunteers, as appropriate), and provides staff support.
- Personally manages a caseload of select national-level donors and prospects, developing a personalized strategy for each and orchestrating initiatives designed to move them toward readiness to be asked for a substantial gift. Coordinates the solicitation of leadership gifts from members of the Board of Trustees.
- Works with Data Analytics team to ensure that appropriate systems/processes are in place nationally and locally to track major, annual and planned giving activities. Seeks the development of design functionality that supports the business process of major giving by tracking interactions, approaches, and donations from prospects and donors and managing the relationship building process. Promotes use of the tool at all levels.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Foundation – its values, history, culture, traditions, communities, programs, personalities, constituencies and governance structure; understand its base of financial support and the short and long-term funding requirements of all segments of the organization. In turn, develop strong relationships with and secure the trust and confidence of all executive leadership, key funders, board members, staff, influencers, community members, fundraisers and marketing consultants, and others critical to individual and institutional fundraising efforts.