CRISTA Ministries. "Where faith meets vocation."
This position is a telecommuting position.
Hours are generally Mon-Fri 8:00-5:00pm with occasionally weekends and evenings.
Want an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of thousands of vulnerable women & children around the world? World Concern is a Christian organization committed to transforming the lives of our world’s most vulnerable people. We are looking for a hard-working mid-level fundraiser who can build and grow a portfolio of local relationships.
World Concern is an established organization that partners to transform lives in central Africa, Southeast Asia, and Haiti through holistic community development. As part of the CRISTA family, World Concern is one of seven ministries focused on loving God by serving people worldwide in the areas of education, international relief and development, senior living, and media.
Are you intrigued? This opportunity will include personalized coaching and training from seasoned fundraisers. The Mid-Level Rep will be part of a growing regional team across the country. Let us introduce you to the Donor Relations Team at CRISTA Ministries. They are a group of people who love Jesus and the work they do. They work together to overcome challenges and learn from one another regardless of their organizational titles. Here, innovation is valued so your ideas are heard.
Interested? Read on for more details:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Quickly make contact with donors both in-person (for $500+ donors and high-wealth screened prospects) and via the phone. Work collaboratively with regional Major Gifts Officers to hand-off major prospects.
- Make regular phone calls to new donors (average 10 calls a day) with the intention of meeting face-to-face. This often involves a first time conversation with a donor or a cold call to someone new.
- Ability to travel engaging donors locally. These visits could look like announced or unannounced appointments at places of business, homes, and throughout the community.
- Contact a targeted number of donors in a given week and month, keeping track of all communication and actual live contacts made through Raiser’s Edge.
- Develop a ‘moves management’ program for mid-level donors and high-level prospects. Create and manage a portfolio of relationships to work towards and meet an annual fundraising goal.
- Use regular appeals, mid-level donor proposals and regular meetings to maximize donor giving.
- Share generally and specifically about World Concern projects to small, medium and sometimes large groups. Public speaking can be formal or informal (i.e. Rotary Clubs, Fundraising Events, etc.). Presentations can be in-place of an organizational leader or executive like the World Concern President.
- Participate in and support fundraising events for World Concern.
- Have a general understanding of all WC programs on a basic level as well as know the giving and funding opportunities to be able to communicate World Concern’s work to our donors.
- Grow donor segments proactively by being alert to new marketing materials and field news that might be appropriate to donor’s individual interests and donation commitments.
- Develop a specific and detailed knowledge concerning a designated programming sector of World Concern and be able to share that information with others at CRISTA so that efforts with multiple ministry donors are coordinated.
- Work closely with other team members in Donor Relations and Marketing to ensure all donor contacts are coordinated and remain donor-centered.
- Update donor records for any changes in address, phone, e-mail or additional information learned about the donor into Raiser’s Edge.
- This will include limited travel to Seattle Headquarters to collaborate with team members.
- Regularly Skype and engage remotely in team activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None