Join the St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco and be part of the solution to break the cycles of homelessness and domestic violence in San Francisco.
Our programs include the operation of the largest single adult homeless shelter in Northern California, a domestic violence shelter, domestic violence transitional housing, and community drop-in center.
The Grants Manager will manage the grant program to ensure the grant process is streamlined, effective and meets revenue targets. This position plays a leadership role overseeing the grant portfolio, raising significant revenue through grants towards the overall development goal. The manager will identify new funding, perform grant research, grant writing, grant program design and grant reporting.
St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Minimum of four years of grant management experience in social or human services, domestic violence or related field.
- Demonstrated experience successfully securing grant funding.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies pertaining to grantors and institutional giving.
- Develop methods and systems to assess the impact of grants and funded programs.
- Understanding of current trends in foundation/government giving as they pertain to St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.
- Excellent verbal, reading and written English communication skills.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, ability to craft both technical grant proposals and persuasive writing.
- Strategic thinker who is able to conceptualize, describe and articulate complex projects.
- Methodological and analytical approach to meet the financial and operational needs of the organization.
- Self-starter that can set and achieve work goals and deadlines; excellent organization skills with sense of urgency to drive projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in: Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office Suite, Foundation Directory Online, Internet.
- Excellent researcher (e.g., grant opportunities, statistics, results, etc.) both within
SVdP-SF and externally, including experience with grant prospect research.
- Ability to be innovative and take initiative to seek out new funding opportunities.
- Ability to juggle multiple ongoing tasks and projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion. Strong ethical character, capable of handling confidential and financial information.
- Ability to be professional and work effectively with other SVdP-SF staff, volunteers and funders, and excellent relationship management skills.
- Possess knowledge of planning and strategizing financial and budgeting issues.
- Ability to work and perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities.
- Experience with basic financial management skills including developing and monitoring budgets and financial reporting.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco.