The Senior Officer, Leadership Gifts will identify, cultivate, solicit and close gift commitments with individuals, corporate prospects, and others with the capacity to make gifts primarily in the range of $50,000 to $1.0 M+. The Senior Officer, Leadership Gifts will focus on local and regional prospects and donors from the greater Saratoga Region, including grateful patients and their families or concerned community members interested in supporting a strong and vibrant regional hospital.
The Senior Officer, Leadership Gifts will work closely with members of the senior executive team, departmental and physician leadership, Foundation and Hospital Boards of Trustees, and community volunteers to plan and implement moves management activities. Areas of focus for this position include: relationship management, monitoring and reporting progress toward goals, supporting planned giving activities, and coordinating personal prospect identification and research. This position requires strategic thinking with an expectation of closing major gifts totaling $750,000 or higher each year. The Senior Officer, Leadership Gifts will collaborate with key program personnel to ensure needs are understood, funds are being utilized appropriately, and donors are kept informed.
The Senior Officer, Leadership Gifts, will work in conjunction with Foundation, Marketing, and Communications colleagues pursuing and contributing to productive collaboration across major gift, signature events, marketing, social media and public relations functions for optimally integrated strategies around major donor communications and overall departmental initiatives.
- Plan, coordinate, and carry out assigned fund raising efforts that focus on capital and annual gifts from donors and prospects, achieving an annual minimum fundraising goal of $750,000 in new commitments.
- Develop written strategies for all prospects to be reviewed and revised as the prospect moves through the development process. Strategies will include plans to coordinate with Annual Giving and Signature Event activities.
- Manage a portfolio of 150 - 175 prospects. This will require skills in cultivation, solicitation, strategy development, and prioritization.
- Conduct a minimum of 8-12 face-to-face visits with prospects on a monthly basis.
- Manage group and individual visits to Saratoga Hospital, small group programs, projects and/or special activities as appropriate.
- Prepare and/or collaborate on briefing materials, proposals, stewardship reports, gift and pledge acknowledgement letters, and recognition activities.
- Incorporate senior leadership and volunteers in prospect strategies as appropriate (including the CEO, VP, Community Engagement, CMO, CNO and Foundation Trustees).
- Maintain current prospect activity and proposal information utilizing the Raiser’s Edge database in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with the VP, Community Engagement, in developing and soliciting, when appropriate, bequests, life income gifts and other deferred gift opportunities. Build expertise in planned giving vehicles to maximize gift opportunities.
- Adhere to the highest levels of professional conduct including appropriate attire, appearance, and behavior in the work place and while representing Saratoga Hospital.
- Demonstrate initiative, accountability and quality in all assignments.
- Engage in professional development activities and on-going education of Saratoga Hospital programs and priorities.
- Represent Saratoga Hospital at annual signature events in a manner that fosters respect and goodwill among peer professionals.
Represent Saratoga Hospital throughout the region at community events and other activities.
Evening and weekend work is required on occasion.
This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. An employee serving in this position will be required to perform any other job-related functions or assignments directed by the VP, Community Engagement, subject to reasonable accommodations.