Title: Regional Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships - NYC
Reports to: Vice President of Development & Strategy
FLSA Status: Exempt
Revised: January 8, 2016
About the Organization
Today there are more than 1.8 million immigrants in the U.S. who are college-educated but are unemployed or significantly underemployed. Upwardly Global provides customized training and support for these new Americans to give them an equal opportunity to find and secure skill appropriate opportunities and achieve their full economic potential in the U.S. The outcome is global talent for employers, culturally competent service providers for diverse communities, and family sustaining incomes for those who were previously unemployed or underemployed.
This is an exciting opportunity for candidates looking for an opportunity to support deeply meaningful work in immigrant and refugee integration.
Reporting to the Vice President of Development Strategy (VPDS), the Regional Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships (RDD) will be responsible for securing and growing local fundraising and development opportunities from sources including major donors, government funding, corporate, and foundation revenues across the region. The DDSP will expand and diversify UpGlo’s institutional funding base/pipeline and work closely with other team members to secure funding for new initiatives. They will collaborate with the VPDS to develop and manage the local leadership council/local board to grow its capacity and support local board member and leadership council members as they take on a more active fundraising roles. This person will be called upon to act as the public face of UpGlo in the region. Additionally, this role is also responsible for identifying, cultivating and maintaining regional and national corporate partnerships that can generate placement opportunities for our job seekers. Finally, this role is responsible for liaising with the VPDS and Vice President of Programs (VPP) on targeted, strategic projects that will support and position the organization to achieve the goals in the strategic plan.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Actively work with the VPDS to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include government, foundation, events, major donors and corporate revenues sufficient to meet strategic plan goals
- Actively identify and explore opportunities for government funding in NYC including discretionary city council funds, workforce funding, and other funding through sources such as the governor’s office and local and state economic development board
- Collaborate with VPP to ensure expansion and partnership opportunities align with programmatic and operational goals and capacity. Partner with NYC program director on key strategic partnership and fundraising opportunities that align with regional goals
- Develop, cultivate, and grow relationships with major donors and funders. Host and participate in local and regional discussions with major donors and funders in order to secure funding and partnership opportunities
- Serve as the leader for the development and execution of the region’s event strategy, including a regional gala and other events to raise awareness of UpGlo’s brand and mission. Partner with the national board and regional leadership council members to secure funding and support of regional events. Seek opportunities to raise personal and organizational visibility locally and regionally
- In alignment with the national funding strategy, implement local strategies to support and open new sources of major government and individual donor funding
- Support and partner with VPDS and Vice President of Programs (VPP) on strategic expansion of corporate partnership initiatives.
- Serve as a thought leader, in collaboration and partnership with senior leaders and pro-bono teams, as appropriate, to refine and execute on strategies related to differentiated services, earned revenue, strategic partnerships, scaling models, and potential re-skilling partnerships.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in preparation for regional and national meetings/presentations and act in the place of the CEO when needed and as appropriate
- Meaningful diversify and grow revenues from regional and national partnerships to be 1% of national budget