Experience & Qualifications
- Care deeply about civil rights, civil liberties and the work of the ACLU.
- At least three years of fundraising experience with demonstrated success in soliciting gifts of $5,000+ in non-profit, advocacy or other community-based groups. (Non-profit philanthropic experience is preferred, but other, transferable experience will be considered.)
- A start-up approach bringing exceptional initiative, ambition, and follow-through.
- A “people person:” with strong interpersonal skills and enthusiasm for building strong professional relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers.
- A strong work ethic and a willingness to partner closely with colleagues.
- Strong verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to speak comfortably with donors about the impact potential of their philanthropic investment in the ACLU.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and a track record of successfully providing administrative support; some supervisory experience is a plus.
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly organized fashion and fast-paced environment with significant attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, meet deadlines, respond promptly to requests, follow through on initiatives and manage the demands of multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully on the phone and in person with donors, board members, volunteers, staff, and the general public.
- Strong computer skills including use of the Internet, databases, word processing (Word), mail merges, spreadsheets (Excel), and e-mail.
- Flexibility to work occasional evening, weekend, and irregular hours and to travel within the state as needed.
- Firm commitment to centering race equity in our work.
- Team player with personal initiative. Friendly, outgoing, and collaborative.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary based on experience. Excellent benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, life and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, and friendly work environment.
The position will remain open until filled. We are looking for the DONOR RELATIONS OFFICER to start as soon as possible.
Send a resume, references, and a cover letter that indicates where you found this job listing, describes your interest in this position, and describes the ways in which you satisfy the qualifications specified above.
Post: Director of Philanthropy, 3600 Clipper Mill Road, Suite 350, Baltimore, MD 21211-1995
Submit all documents in a single PDF file and put “DR Officer-(your first/last name)” in the subject line.
The ACLU of Maryland is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment based on any individual’s race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity.