About Washington International School
Located in the heart of Washington DC, Washington International School (WIS) is a coeducational independent school offering a challenging international curriculum and rich language program from Preschool through Grade 12.
The Director of Alumni Relations is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive alumni program. Working in a collaborative environment, the Director will work closely with the Director of Advancement, Head of School, colleagues, and the Board of Trustees to implement all alumni fundraising, events, activities, and communications in order to expand and strengthen relationships with WIS alumni locally, nationally, and globally. The Director will foster consistent alumni engagement and philanthropy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a vision for a comprehensive alumni, past parent, and past faculty/staff program.
- Working with the Director of Annual Giving, oversee the strategy and implementation of a fundraising plan for alumni, past parents, and past faculty/staff. This will include identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship for annual, endowment, capital, and planned gifts.
- Plan and execute WIS’s annual Alumni Reunion program.
- Establish and oversee events and an active Alumni Ambassador program locally, nationally, and globally.
- Establish and manage a diverse volunteer pool.
- Develop a robust communications plan for the wider WIS community in conjunction with WIS’s communications team. Coordinate alumni elements of the magazine, website, and social media initiatives.
- Create consistent meaningful avenues for alumni participation in the life of the School.