Associate Director, Advancement Analytics
Are you looking for a way to make a difference? Are you passionate about how education changes lives and improves our world? Would you like to work where giving plays a large role in helping students gain the knowledge, insight, and experience to become leaders for the common good? If so, join the advancement team at Swarthmore and take your part in creating opportunities for young people who, in turn, apply their intelligence, talents, and abilities to make the world a better place.
The Associate Director of Advancement Analytics is responsible for spearheading projects involving predictive modeling, forecasting, reporting, data mining, and statistical analysis. These projects will guide the identification, engagement, and solicitation of prospects by advancement staff, College volunteers, and College leadership. Through this work, the Associate Director acts as a key partner in the strategic planning and effective operation of fundraising programs at Swarthmore College, particularly during the public phase of the College's comprehensive campaign. The Associate Director assists in the supervision of one part-time professional and one full-time administrative support person. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and two or more years' experience in analytics or equivalent education
- Two or more years' experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience working with relational databases, extracting and manipulating data, preferably using programming language such as SQL
- Equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, knowledge of major research databases and technology tools
- Ability and motivation to seek out information with great persistence.
- Ability to work with confidential, highly sensitive information in a complex organization.
- Ability and motivation to independently design and execute projects and to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks/projects for multiple customers within tight deadlines.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of philanthropy, private liberal arts education, and Swarthmore's commitment to a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive campus community.
- Highly effective interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a broad range of expertise and seniority, and to elicit cooperation without direct authority.
- Ability to think creatively and critically about products, policies, and procedures in order to continually improve quality and efficiency.
- Must be able to constantly operate standard office equipment, including computer, printer, copier, calculator, and fax machine.
- Two or more years' experience in a fundraising environment in higher education
The College is located in Swarthmore, Pennsylvania, 11 miles southwest of Philadelphia and is part of the tri-College Consortium with Bryn Mawr and Haverford Colleges, cross-registration with the University of Pennsylvania is also offered. The area offers excellent schools systems and convenience to a vibrant cultural community.
For the complete job description and to apply go to:
Swarthmore College actively seeks and welcomes applications from candidates with exceptional qualifications, particularly those with demonstrable commitments to a more inclusive society and world. Swarthmore College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.