Virginia Tech would like to invite applicants for the position of:
Director of Development, Moss Arts Center and ICAT, Posting # 113231
The Director of Development is the chief fundraiser for the Moss Arts Center with responsibility for planning and implementing a comprehensive development program for both the Moss Arts Center and the Institute for Creativity, Arts, and Technology (ICAT). The director will solicit philanthropic gifts from patrons and friends of the Center, and alumni of Virginia Tech who align with strategic priorities of the Center and ICAT. Jointly reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Leadership Gifts and Annual Giving, and the Associate Provost for the Arts and Executive Director, Moss Arts Center, the Director will:
- Travel, on average, five to eight days per month to cultivate, solicit, steward, and identify prospects for the Moss Arts Center and ICAT with time allocated approximately 75% and 25% respectively.
- Have a portfolio of approximately 100 prospects.
- Have a typical solicitation range of $250,000 to $1,000,000.
- Close $2,000,000 per year using a three-year rolling average.
- Close on average 10 – 13 major gifts per fiscal year.
- Provide strategic direction and coordination for the Moss Arts Partners advisory committee.
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation, and engagement strategies that include building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects and the broader Moss Arts Center patrons and friends community for annual leadership gifts.
- Establish strong working relationships with central advancement, collegiate and constituent development officers and the team and staff of the Moss Arts Center and ICAT as well as the broader University Advancement Division to foster a productive working environment.
- Provide leadership, vision, and oversight for creating and implementing a comprehensive development function for the Moss Arts Center and ICAT within the broader framework of the Advancement Division at Virginia Tech, and within the larger goals of the university's next comprehensive campaign.
- Serve as a key member of the Moss Arts Center leadership team, as well as the Advancement team within Moss Arts Center, and that of the Leadership Gifts and Annual Giving team within the Advancement Division.
Quick Link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/74507
Interested candidates must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting # 113231. Include with the faculty application, a cover letter, resume, and list of five references. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodation in the application process please notify the Human Resources Service Center, 540-231-9331, HRServiceCenter@vt.edu. A review of applications will begin after April 22, 2017.
Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution