The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
The Community Development Specialist (Red Deer) will be an inaugural position in Red Deer to rally community support and build solid donor relationships for the Red Deer ministry. This position will oversee, plan, manage and implement Red Deer’s development and community engagement activity by cultivating relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community.
The Community Development Specialist is committed to seeing the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed actively achieved by facilitating a variety of opportunities for the community to support our mission, both financially and in spirit. This is a professional level position responsible for the planning, execution and evaluation of an integrated development plan that results in fostering community patronage, engagement activities and financial support.
This position will report directly to the Director, Central Alberta, strategically collaborate with the Chief Development Officer, and will have a strong working relationship and interdependency with the Alberta Development team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote the mission and vision of The Mustard Seed throughout the Central Alberta area and be an example of the Christian values and principles that are the foundation of our ministry;
- Support existing programs that increase awareness of the work of the Red Deer Mustard Seed with regard to the issues of poverty and homelessness and help to identify new programs as appropriate;
- Coordinate with interdepartmental groups to leverage any relevant current programs and procedures, such as Donor Relations, Major Gifts, Legacy Giving, Community Engagement and Volunteer Resources;
- Prepare monthly reports and statistics on progress and activities achieved against the key performance indicators established.
- Develop, implement and execute a Development strategy and program to nurture, solicit, close, and steward individual, corporate, church, foundation, and association donations with a view to increasing revenue for the Red Deer operations.
- Personally cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of individual and corporate donors annually contributing $1,000 to $10,000, with the goal of increasing donation revenue each year.
- Support the Director, Central Alberta by engaging individual and corporate donors and supporters who provide gifts of $10,000+ in stewardship activities.
- Support the Development program through effective gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate.
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications.
- Cultivate relationships with corporate and individual donors, key community and church stakeholders, and members of the business community.
- Maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations team.
- Hands-on planning and coordination of all Development activities and special events.
- Establish strong rapport and relationships in the Red Deer community by representing our values in all community interactions including church, educational venues and community business leaders;
- Build and implement a strategic Community Engagement program aligned with and supportive of The Mustard Seed’s Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Alberta Community Engagement teams, and localize those strategies specific to the Red Deer and Central Alberta community needs;
- Creatively and analytically identify strategic opportunities to cultivate and engage key supporters, providing opportunities to match supporters’ interests with organizational priorities;