The Child Mind Institute is an independent, national nonprofit dedicated to transforming the lives of children and families struggling with mental health and learning disorders. Our teams work every day to deliver the highest standards of care, advance the science of the developing brain and empower parents, professionals and policymakers to support children when and where they need it most. Together with our supporters, we're helping children reach their full potential in school and in life. We share all of our resources freely and do not accept any funding from the pharmaceutical industry.
Child Mind Institute (CMI) is seeking a creative, entrepreneurial and personable Associate Director of Development to support the Director in leadership of the department. This is an ideal position for an ambitious, high-achieving fundraising professional, as he/she will serve as a key strategist to develop a long-term growth plan for corporate partnerships, sponsorships and cause marketing initiatives. The individual will steward and grow existing corporate partnerships (e.g. Bloomingdales, Hunter Boot) and develop and cultivate new business relationships. This position will be responsible for the growth of the organization’s corporate sponsorships and partnerships as well as supporting a multi-million-dollar capital campaign to fund CMI’s neuroscience research initiative.
The position reports to the Director of Development and will also work with members of the CMI Board of Directors and Dr. Harold S. Koplewicz, CMI President and Founder.
The position is located at CMI headquarters in New York City. This is an exempt, full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
- Assist the Director in making strategic decisions for the development department
- Serve as the representative for the department in the Director’s absence and collaborate on key meetings with Director, as needed.
- Work directly with the President and Executive Staff on specific projects related to corporate partnerships.
- In coordination with the Director of Development, design, implement, and manage both annual and long-range revenue plans focused on growing revenue across industries and sectors (i.e. sponsorships, cause-related marketing promotions, new business opportunities) for CMI events, programs, and campaigns.
- Identify prospects and collaborate on cultivation and solicitation strategies for both new and existing partners.
- Develop and deliver creative and powerful presentations and proposals for corporate partnership and cause related marketing opportunities; following up on potential relationship-based leads, researching new potential partners and ensuring organizational leadership involved in marketing pitch are briefed and prepared for meetings.
- Maintain and expand existing corporate partner relationships by keeping in close contact with corporate representatives, stewarding their requests and presenting them with additional opportunities as appropriate.
- Expand branding and sponsorship opportunities through current CMI initiatives and programming.
- Ensure effective communication and development of program goals and objectives with other departments, CMI leadership, and the Board.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.