As Associate – New Business Relations, you are one part sales leader and one part skilled relationship manager. You are a motivated "hunter" and are comfortable engaging prospective business through relationships with large corporations, small business, entrepeneurs, service organizations and new target audiences.
In this role, you will focus on identifying business growth opportunities including but not limited to client acquisition, expanding existing corporate and volunteer relations, leveraging strategic events and integrating social and digital media. You will build relationships, foster prospects, nurture the donor pipeline and sell United Way employee engagement, impact investment and reputation solutions to our clients. You are motivated by making a difference in the region and for helping corporate partners achieve better business outcomes and for hitting revenue targets.
- Articulates United Way’s brand, core values, mission and vision and its unique positioning to solve some of the most critical challenges that impact the region
- Speaks on behalf of UWBCKR to internal and external audiences
- Identifies and penetrates new industries and markets where United Way partnership does not currently exist
- Cultivates and enhances workplace giving and builds and sustains relationships with existing and non-giving companies, organizations, and employees
- Recommends best practices for market penetration – especially relative to small and medium businesses, affinity groups, internet giving, and direct marketing
- Develops prospective donors by main market segmentation and UWBCKR’s strategic priorities
- Conducts, analyzes, and reports on macro-economic and market research pertaining to new and underdeveloped markets
- Develops and implements a year-round strategic campaign and relationship program that aligns with the overall Investor Relations plan and objectives
- Develops and enhances a portfolio of accounts through planned individual account support and relationship management
- Creates development plans for key targets, in partnership with other Investor Relations, Engagement and Community Impact staff
- Creates strategic market development plans for specific high potential and high growth sectors.
- Plans and carries out direct marketing and donor development activities
- Plans or integrates market development into high-impact events, working in close collaboration with Strategy & Engagement and Marketing & Communication
- Collaborates as appropriate with internal and external marketing regarding the activities of electronic marketing and sales research
- Demonstrates a strategic selling approach by identifying key decision makers within specific accounts and sectors and successfully positioning and communicating UWBCKR’s value proposition
- Utilizes database for customer, account and relationship management including organizing appropriate new customer and prospect databases. Integrates with e-communication and solicitation
- Uses presentations as an opportunity to promote organizational engagement and support