The University of Utah Health Sciences is seeking an experienced advancement professional to build new and expand existing partnerships with national, regional, and local foundations to support strategic initiatives in the Health Sciences in the areas of education, medical research, and health care. Working with deans, faculty, researchers and other development staff, the Director of Foundation Relations will identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts while managing effective, comprehensive engagement plans for each foundation. University of Utah Health Sciences is comprised of the Hospitals and Clinics as well as the Schools of Dentistry and Medicine and the Colleges of Health, Nursing, and Pharmacy. Excellence in patient care, education, and research is vital to the overall mission of the organization. The Director of Foundations Relations will be based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
University of Utah Job ID# PRN13735B, Health Sciences Development
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Ability to work evening and weekend hours, as necessary on short or limited notice. Frequent local and occasional national travel expected.
COMPENSATION: Salary commensurate with experience. Strong benefit package including tuition reduction program, generous leave accrual, retirement and health plan options.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from foundations with expressed giving interests in areas supporting education, medical research, and health care.
2. Develop philanthropic strategies and goals with the objective of growing sustainable national, regional, and local foundation giving.
3. Develop and execute individual fundraising plans for key constituents.
4. Develop mutually beneficial long term relationships with foundation officers.
5. Collaborate with deans, faculty, researchers, and development colleagues to provide strategic guidance, coordination, and university engagement with foundation entities.
6. Communicate all relevant foundation procedures, proposal requirements, and schedules to Directors of Development and other Health Sciences entities.
7. Establish and maintain a list of fundraising needs and priorities for the colleges, clinical and research areas, and those areas within Health Sciences that do not have an assigned Director of Development.
8. Organize the preparation, priority ranking, and submission of funding proposals.
9. Assist with grant preparation and editing to achieve high quality proposals.
10. Establish metrics for the foundation prospect pool and evaluate the success and growth of the program.
11. Collaborate with the Directors of Advancement Services and Stewardship to develop robust prospect pipelines and ensure timely and customized stewardship of foundation relationships.
12. Coordinate proposals with the office of central development’s Director of Corporate and Foundations giving.
13. Prepare and submit monthly status reports.
14. Set and administer the departmental budget.
15. May recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate staff.