College of Business
Senior Director of Development (Associate Dean of Development)
The Development Officer will strategically execute a personal solicitation program resulting in philanthropic support by maximizing the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects for gifts at the $100,000 and up level. This individual will secure, on an annual basis, private support at the major gift level and will be responsible for identification of potential major gift prospects.
• Works with the Dean, the Associate Dean of Development and the other members of the College of Business development, communication and alumni team to develop and execute strategic fundraising initiatives on behalf of the College, the University and the Foundation.
- Develops, coordinates and executes an annual major gift plan of the assigned college, implementing fund-raising activities designed to meet an established monetary goal.
- Establishes new relationships resulting in philanthropic revenue, maintains existing relationships which may generate new philanthropic revenue, and provides prospect/donor-related assessments and feedback for the College of Business, and the FSU Foundation.
- Identifies, qualifies and sustains a donor prospect portfolio with individuals who have a giving capacity of $100,000 or more.
- Secures gifts and pledges from alumni, parents, faculty, staff and friends of FSU.
• Coordinates with central development staff and other cross-functional team members to identify prospects and develop team solicitation plans for planned giving, corporate and foundation relations and principal gifts
• Exhibits and promotes a comprehensive understanding of the philanthropic priorities of the college unit(s), effectively matching the specific interests of prospects to those specific needs
• Assists in the facilitation of meetings, communications, informational exchanges and project/philanthropic coordination with the faculty and faculty chairs
• Plans for and initiates direct activities with prospects that are designed to enhance the affiliation between the prospect and the University
• Negotiates gift agreements, prepares and presents proposals
• Prepares correspondence with prospects and documents communications, solicitation
activity and gift information in compliance with Foundation reporting guidelines
• Creates, inspires and maintains donor loyalty, interest and enthusiasm through stewardship communication and activities designed to express recognition, appreciation and the impact of their gift(s). Implementation of such a stewardship plan may include but should not be limited to letters, communication of unit or university initiatives, invitations to appropriate activities, meetings, events, student engagement or the facilitation of campus visits
• Assists in the management of all volunteer boards associated with the College of Business
• Effectively communicates organization's mission and represents the organization's culture to external stakeholders
• Protects confidential information
• Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree required
• Minimum of three years of professional experience in major gift development in a
university setting; Experience in a related field with basic knowledge of personal
solicitation methods may also be considered
• Demonstrated, progressive experience in seeking financial support for multi-million
dollar programs or initiatives preferred
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office products suite
Skills and Abilities
• Must be conversant with FSU alumni, faculty and staff members with similarly qualified educational backgrounds
• Ability to work autonomously and conversely in a team-oriented atmosphere
• Ability to maintain consistent and positive communication with the Dean, Associate
Dean of Development and the other members of the College's development,
communication and alumni team and the FSU Foundation
• Excellent communication skills to include effective and persuasive writing, public
speaking and interpersonal skills
• Facilitate strong communications with colleagues, donors, prospective donors and alumni
• Team work approach and a can-do, assertive philosophy
• Creative thinking and a recognition of the impact of meaningful stewardship
• Professional demeanor
• Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
• Careful attention to detail
• Ability to listen
• Ability and willingness to travel
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
FSU Foundation Benefits
• 403(b) retirement plan
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Holidays
• Educational Assistance
The Florida State University Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or other protected category.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency