The Project Leader, Capital Fundraising is a dynamic and creative fundraiser responsible for securing new sponsors, donors and income, executing fundraising programs and events, developing relationships and expanding Capital and Tennis Development major donors and giving. The Project Leader, Capital Fundraising is responsible for implementing and completing a two-million-dollar capital and program fundraising campaign for a new regional tennis centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The Project Leader, Capital Fundraising is responsible for all aspects of capital project-related donor and donor database management, prospect and lead generation, donor and gift reporting, creation of acknowledgement letters, data entry, filing/record keeping, in addition to other administrative duties. This role supports all aspects of Tennis Development’s facilities development projects.
- Develop a capital fundraising plan for the Nova Scotia Regional Tennis Development Centre, in partnership with Tennis Canada’s local champion’s, Fundraising and Tennis Development staff;
- Develop and support a major donor program and an annual giving plan;
- Create fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, cultivating, targeted follow-up, new lead generation, stewardship of an existing prospect list, leveraging existing donors, etc.;
- Networks with other local fundraisers in Halifax and Atlantic Canada to keep apprised of community issues/needs;
- Manage fiscal accountability for revenue requirements;
- Develop budgets for events;
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication;
- Develop materials to support meetings, events and cultivation using appropriate software;
- Provide administrative support to local champions and senior staff delivering fundraising presentations;
- Work with Provincial Tennis Associations to help support provincial events.