Bachelor's degree in a related field AND three years successful professional development and/or fundraising related experience, preferably in higher education; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the principles and techniques of development/fundraising, annual giving and major giving, and corporate and/or foundation fundraising, preferably in a university environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing strategies for acquiring new donors, retaining and upgrading existing donors.
- Experience in preparing and conducting solicitations via correspondence and in person including making cold calls.
- Experience working with high-level administrators, executives and professionals.
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously and meeting continuous deadlines.
- Evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in using organizational skills, a collaborative approach, and enthusiasm in working with people to build relationships.
- Experience in representing an institution
- Demonstrated knowledge of the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Experience in using attention to detail in completing assigned duties
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work and travel
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts
- Communicate to perform essential functions
- Provide complex assessments /metrics, create and calculate budgets, maintain and track expenses
Business is Personal - Within America's largest public university, the W. P. Carey School is committed to building a tight-knit community. Through small classes, team-based learning, and individualized attention every step of the way, your W. P. Carey experience is uniquely your own.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ click "External Applicant" under Staff job opportunities, see Req Id# 30235BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGWebHost/jobdetails.aspx?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&jobId=2798093