This position is responsible for building a program to secure yearly gifts between $1,000 and $5,000 from individual donors to meet fundraising goals in support of the Miami Lighthouse’s programs. The Director of Donor Development and Marketing spends the majority of time in intentional, individual, face-to-face meetings with prospects and donors.
The Manager of Donor Development reports directly to the President and CEO and works closely with the Director of External Relations.
This is a full-time position, with a highly competitive salary, superb benefits and working environment.
Essential Job Functions Include The following, but not limited to:
- Identify research, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and close yearly gifts between $1,000 and $5,000 in support of the Miami Lighthouse’s programs by matching fundraising priorities with prospects’ and donors’ interests in order to meet required target.
- Develop and implement an annual plan with measurable objectives for total dollars raised, asks made, gifts closed, intentional face-to-face meetings conducted, new prospects identified and qualified, donors upgraded, new donors secured, and lapsed donors renewed, along with strategies to ensure timely and effective major gift work to accomplish these objectives.
- Work with current and prospective major donors on ways to take advantage of the charitable IRA rollover, including Miami Lighthouse in their estate plans, and similar giving opportunities.
- Identify and research potential individual donors, including new prospects and donors targeted for upgrade or renewal.
- Conduct at least six intentional face-to-face meetings each week with donors and prospects to qualify, cultivate, and/or solicit them for gifts between $1,000 and $5,000 in support of the Miami Lighthouse’s programs.
- Use The Raiser’s Edge database to enter pertinent information about meetings and important contacts with donors and prospective donors and to produce weekly reports on the outcomes of these intentional face-to-face meetings, including prospect qualification using Wealth Point or other search engines, cultivation, and solicitation activities and results in accordance with established procedures.
- Ensure all weekly reports to the President and CEO are electronically accessible and are in advance of weekly meetings; maintain an electronic calendar of all appointments to keep CEO and other staff informed.
- Develop and implement targeted strategies in consultation with the CEO for inviting donors and prospective donors to visit Miami Lighthouse, attend special events, and participate in other selected community activities.
- Actively shares stories and outcomes with donors to highlight the impact of their contributions.
- Prepare written solicitations and acknowledgements to individual prospects and donors.
- Ensure that requests for information from donors or prospects are addressed quickly and accurately and that all pertinent information is recorded appropriately in The Raiser’s Edge.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.