Active Minds is seeking an experienced fundraising professional for the newly-created position of Major Gifts and Corporate Philanthropy Officer to grow and manage a portfolio of major donors to the Active Minds annual fund, corporate and foundation partners, as well as capital and special project fundraising.
As this is a new position, we are looking for a mid-level professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, who is capable of creating, implementing and managing a key fundraising initiative with energy and skill. The right candidate will desire growth in a young, but ambitious, non-profit and will want to grow with our organization.
The Major Gifts and Corporate Philanthropy Officer plays an integral role in development of overall major gifts strategy and revenue generation, and will work closely with the Special Events and Fundraising Officer. Working as a key part of the three-person Development team, the position will collaborate with the Executive Director and members of the Board, in addition to communications and program staff, to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop and implement acquisition, retention and stewardship strategies for the annual fund, including budget development and annual work plans.
- Launch a Leadership Circle major donor program with aggressive fundraising targets to meet its goal of double-digit year-over-year increases.
- Identify major gift prospects in the $2,500 plus donation level, qualify their giving potential, and develop and implement strategies to optimize gift closure.
- Prioritize a portfolio of approximately 100 prospects, of which at least 15 are capable of giving at least $10,000 annually.
- Complete a minimum of 15-20 meaningful major gifts contacts per month.
- Secure 2-4 planned gifts annually from existing donors.
- Increase number and size of individual gifts from existing donors.
- Manage, track and analyze ongoing relationships with prospects and donors through the Salesforce database system.
- Regularly report major gifts activities and results against targets to achieve performance metrics related to prospects, calls made, solicitations, gifts closed and dollars raised.
- Prepare proposals, letters, background information and materials for above-related cultivation and solicitation activities, as needed.
- Plan and implement major donor-related cultivation events and activities in collaboration with the Special Events and Fundraising Officer.
- Work with the Board of Directors, development committee, and executive staff to develop strategic and targeted giving opportunities for major donors.
- Work collaboratively with staff to maximize the giving potential of donors to ensure the overall success of the major gifts program.
- Actively and routinely perform stewardship activities such as thank-you calls, site visits, identifying prospects, and following up with individuals who are interested in learning more about Active Minds.
- Develop sponsorship proposals that demonstrate the value of partnership and that lead to product donation and/or monetary support, and perform sponsor outreach for special programs including annual awareness campaigns, Speaker’s Bureau and Send Silence Packing program.