Queens Library is a national and international leader in the delivery of public library service. Our mission is to provide quality services, resources, and lifelong learning opportunities through books and a variety of other formats to meet the informational, educational, cultural, and recreational needs and interests of a diverse and changing population. Queens Library welcomes innovators and leaders to contribute to a long history and dynamic future of offering pioneering programs and services to the most diverse county in the United States. Queens Library is a private, non-profit corporation with 1,700 employees serving 65 locations.
The Queens library is seeking a talented and dynamic individual to join our fundraising team as the Senior Manager of Individual Giving. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Queens Library Foundation, the Senior Manager of Individual Giving is responsible for key functions of a growing, donor centered individual giving program. We are looking for someone passionate about social change who understands the value and strategic function of fundraising in creating that change. The Senior Manager of Individual Giving will work to engage with a committed community of supporters and manage a growing portfolio through individual solicitation and events. The ideal candidate is flexible, positive, creative, and entrepreneurial.
- With the Executive Director, implement all Individual Giving activities and programs. This includes cultivation and solicitation of: major and mid-level donors and prospects, family foundations and planned giving prospects and donors. Assist Executive Director with special campaigns.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward a donor portfolio.
- Oversee donor pipeline program. Emphasis will be on securing a significant number of new gifts and gift upgrades through a strategic and aggressive approach to personal cultivation and solicitation.
- Together with the Executive Director and QLF direct mail consultants, develop multi-channel communications and other strategies for QLF mid-level donors, achieving aggressive targets for an increase in number of donors, annual gift upgrades, and overall donor engagement and developing the program as an effective pipeline to the major gifts program.
- Provide support to the Executive Director and Queens Library President and CEO in creating briefings, proposal materials, and other communications for major donors.
- Work as part of the overall QLF team to develop and execute strategies to achieve annual departmental goals.
- Assist in team goal setting and expense management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Gala and Special Events
- Collaborate with the QLF team on the successful planning and execution of QLF’s annual gala and other special events, including soliciting corporate support for the event and providing practical support for the recruitment and management of the event host committee and honorees.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a strategic, front-line annual and/or major gifts fundraising position.
- A successful and demonstrated track record of personally identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding high net-worth individuals in a very fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
- Ability to navigate the demands of a data-driven direct response program while also providing support to a highly-personalized and thoughtful major gifts effort through excellent analytical, organizational and relationship skills.
- A collaborative style and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Highly organized, creative, pro-active, detail-oriented, and able to prioritize with superior time management and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to meet short deadlines and thrive within a very fast-paced, professionally rigorous environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to articulate complex ideas clearly, accurately and concisely.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and reference “Senior Manager of Individual Giving – EXTERNAL” in the subject line. Resumes will only be accepted by email.
The Queens Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.