Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum is seeking an experienced, dynamic and motivated Corporate Sponsorship Manager (CSM) with 3-5 years’ experience specializing in corporate giving to join the energetic and enthusiastic Institutional Giving team. The CSM will: identify, solicit and secure corporate contributions and membership that meet or exceed fiscal year fundraising goals, manage funder credits and benefits, create thorough sponsor reports, manage database and prospect list reporting and maintenance, and create and develop best-in-class opportunities for Institutional Giving/Corporate Relations Program. Must be highly proactive, creative, detail oriented, capable of working autonomously and as a team. S/he will generate strategies to reach goal, will be held responsible for generating impactful revenue, and general upkeep of records. This individual will be expected to set and meet deadlines. Some knowledge of special events work is preferred.
• Conduct prospect research and develop strategy to meet a Corporate Sponsorship goal of approximately $2M.
• Manage and grow Corporate Membership program, meeting a goal of $225,000.
• Develop high quality sponsorship proposals, appeals and reports in coordination with various departments for exhibitions, National Design Awards, and special projects.
• Prepare accurate corporate briefings and museum information packets for prospect meetings.
• Work closely with Smithsonian Institution to create gift agreements. Generate invoices, ensure payments are received, and draft and send acknowledgement letters.
• Maintain timely moves management, contact information, and follow-up actions in SI database, as well as current upkeep of all prospect lists. Ensure exceptional stewardship of major donors.
• Oversee preparation of accurate exhibition and program fact sheets.
• Keep abreast of key corporate moves and changes (WSJ, NYT, etc.); write and distribute weekly email digest of corporate news.
• Oversee funder credits across institution.
• With Special Events Manager, organize and grow select events.