Salpointe Catholic High School
Director of Advancement
The Director of Advancement reports directly to the President and works to achieve volunteer and financial resources necessary to achieve the school’s short-term and long-term Advancement goals. The Director of Advancement serves as the Chief Major Gifts Officer and is responsible for leading a team that works closely with Salpointe's constituents, Salpointe's Foundation and the Southern Arizona community to build and sustain a positive brand image and strong bonds of support for the school, including tuition assistance, tax credit contributions, planned gifts, annual fund, endowment, and major gifts for the renovation of the present and planned facilities. This position is responsible for a $12 million dollar annual budget and the Advancement plan is tasked in raising $3 million dollars yearly, in addition to any capital projects. This individual must understand the school’s mission, goals, programs and needs, and represent these to various school stakeholders through appropriately designed and managed programs. This person must also understand the public perceptions of the school and represent these, as appropriate, to school administration.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Effectively represent and articulate the school’s mission and goals.
- Work with the President to refine and strengthen the school’s foundational case for support, advancement program philosophy and methodology.
- Develop, implement, and lead a comprehensive advancement program with articulated philosophy and strategies as well as measurable annual objectives in support of the School and Foundation’s Strategic Plans.
- Provide active leadership in the planning and conducting of comprehensive major gifts program.
- Oversees the marketing strategy for the school in coordination with the Marketing Communications Manager
- Provides leadership to the Marketing Communications Manager responsible for planning and implementing the integrated marketing strategy (digital and print channels) for the school to support brand image, public relations, admissions and fundraising goals.
- Provide leadership and supervision to the Advancement team, focusing on best practices, team building, enhancement of existing revenue streams and envisioning and implementation of new revenue ideas and sources.
- Refine and/or develop a comprehensive institutional advancement program to include effective annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, alumni and special events programs.
All full-time employees are offered a rich benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as a generous profit-sharing plan. A modest relocation stipend is available.
About Salpointe Catholic High School:
Since opening in 1950, Salpointe Catholic High School has enjoyed a distinguished reputation for its strong curriculum, featuring a premier STEM program, competitive athletics, award winning fine arts, faith?strengthening religious program and spirited co?curricular activities. As the largest, private Catholic high school in Southern Arizona, Salpointe educates 1200 students yearly and has over 16,000+ alumni. Salpointe belongs to the Carmelite Province of the Most Pure Heart of Mary, is one of six Carmelite schools worldwide and is accredited by the Western Catholic Educational Association.
Please visit www.salpointe.org to learn more about the position and apply on-line.