This position is responsible for providing donor services and operational support for the philanthropy department. Coordinates donor stewardship activity including maintaining appropriate policies and procedures, and facilitating daily acknowledgments. Provides database management support for both solicitation and reporting purposes. Oversees the grants calendar for gift officer solicitation and donor reports. Works closely with the Vice President of Philanthropy, the development staff, the finance department, internal and external stakeholders, and affiliates to ensure accurate gift recording and distribution. Oversees the daily internal operations and manages all donations processing, receipting, acknowledging, and pledge management activity. Manages daily workflow, monthly financial reconciliation, data integrity of donation information, and data input, while adhering to departmental policies and procedures. Manages the system analysis of a donor database, which includes gift policy administration, gift and data acceptance and entry, and user training.
- Develops and reviews all data management, data processing and systems that promote and support donor prospect strategies and goals ensuring the timely and efficient movement and tracking of donor prospects through a pipeline of evaluation and cultivation steps.
- Assists with developing and implementing tools and systems that help ensure effective use of information systems and technology specific to donor relations, including all aspects of analytics and reporting, best practices in data management and reporting distribution to maintain an informative prospect pipeline.
- Develops and implements best practices related to capturing biographical information during gift entry process. Proactively identifies opportunities within the development team to consolidate work, centralize, automate, analyze and to increase accuracy.
- Establishes and documents departmental policies and procedures and describe donation processes, procedures, systems and tax rules and regulations.
- Serves as part of the development team to develop annual and long-term strategies and goals to support the organization’s fundraising efforts. Supports the Vice President of Philanthropy by creating reports and building metrics in order to make well-informed, evidence based decision-making and goal setting decisions.
- Oversees processing of all contributions to The Denver Hospice including cash, checks, gift-in-kind and stock. Responsible for the timely acknowledgement of contributions and pledges and responsible for maintaining donor records in Raisers Edge.
- Provides support for staff to be more productive with fundraising technology, trouble-shooting and answering questions and serves as liaison to IT Department. Works closely with development staff to provide solutions and implement new processes and procedures for special events, annual giving, prospect management, planned giving, online gift processing.
- Responsible for overall management of Blackbaud/Illuminate functionality. Collaborates with Digital and Online Brand Manager and Development Officer to ensure that digital fundraising activity (email, e-newsletter, on line contributions) is in alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides telephone customer service to donors and other constituents by confirming receipt of contributions, investigating discrepancies, and fielding inquiries and complaints.
Submits monthly financial reports to Finance and assists with analysis. Works closely with finance staff and Vice President of Philanthropy to assure accurate reconciliation of gifts with Finance Department by the 8th of each month.
Oversees the direct mail, grants, and other multichannel campaign calendars.
Provides regular solicitors reports to gift officers.
Participates in all departmental and all-staff meetings. Assists with filling requests for information on donors and contributions. Manages the hard files of gift batches and major donor records.
Other duties as assigned