Do you have a passion for and understanding of the Jewish community? Have you had some experience in a development/fundraising office or a related field? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and have experience cultivating new business? Then take your fundraising career to the next level by joining our successful development team and feel proud of working for an organization bringing to life cutting edge solutions that touch the lives of people in Greater Boston and around the globe. CJP is one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations where your contributions have an impact on the community we serve.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Development Officer, Next Generation. This person will be an integral part of a dynamic team working to build and reinforce the pipeline of CJP’s future philanthropic leaders. This position is chiefly responsible for growing new relationships for the organization within this cohort. S/he will work closely with the Associate Vice President, Major Gifts to help develop and implement strategies and initiatives/events for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of high-capacity major donors under age 50.
- Grows portfolio of donors with a focus on identifying and engaging new prospects and children of existing major donors;
- Works with Major Gifts Associate to identify and design prospect plans of major donors under 50 in partnership with major gift officers.
- Develop and meet ambitious goals within the framework of a strategically developed metrics plan
- Works in partnership with major gift officers to identify and build stewardship, engagement and solicitation plans for CJP’s multi-generational efforts.
- Develops individualized and collective engagement strategies and initiatives for this cohort including giving circles, missions, and the board observership program
- Uses face-to-face donor contact as part of relationship-building and strategy development ultimately necessary to support individualized solicitation plans leading to major outright and deferred gifts for unrestricted, designated, and endowment purposes;
- Designs and executes a variety of initiatives and events;
- Personally solicits donors for gifts to the Annual Campaign;
- Creates, plans, implements, and staff’s special projects and events in support of next gen fundraising priorities.
- Collaborates with colleagues in communications and events to effectively market and execute events and programs within specified budgets.
- Possesses up-to-date awareness of CJP program priorities.
- Serves as a resource to colleagues and prospective donors around community priorities.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- 3-5 years’ successful experience in development or related field, with an emphasis on annual campaign work and donor relations.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Proficient in Windows environment, including MS Word, Excel, Database and Internet
- Capacity to manage and organize confidential information
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with comprehensive philanthropy and managing diverse constituencies including high-capacity young adults
- Sense of humor
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and flexibly in a dynamic environment; self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team
- Capacity to manage and organize information confidentially
- Ability to work successfully within a strong systems and process-based organizational structure.
- Strong personal commitment to the CJP mission.
- Knowledge of the Jewish community preferred.
- Flexibility to work evenings.
CJP brings together the people, partners and resources to fulfill the most important needs and aspirations of our community. Along with a comprehensive benefits package, this position provides a dedicated team environment while being a part of one of Boston’s premier philanthropic organizations.
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1501659
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.