Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, Indianapolis, IN, seeks a Manager of Major Gifts and Planned Giving to build upon the success of its recent capital campaign, leading staff and volunteers to expand individual major and planned giving fundraising efforts. The successful candidate will assess, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts for Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation in order to advance the organization’s strategic fundraising goals. This position will also be responsible for assisting in the development, design, and implementation of a comprehensive and strategic major and planned giving program to be implemented by staff and volunteers. She/he will report to the Executive Director.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Executive Director to design and manage the organization’s major gifts and planned giving initiatives to meet the organization’s programmatic and financial goals, as guided by Theta Foundation’s Fund Development Plan;
- Working with the Executive Director to ensure strategy is in place that enables prospects capable of major and planned gifts to be cultivated and solicited in an appropriate and deliberate manner;
- Building and enhancing relationships with prospects, both directly and indirectly through the Foundation President, Board members, Executive Director, Foundation staff, fundraising volunteers, and Fraternity and FHC partners;
- Managing ongoing reporting and acknowledgement processes to measure progress toward major and planned giving fundraising goals and to ensure timely and accurate stewardship and tracking of gifts;
- Developing, implementing, and managing strategies for identifying, researching, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major donors and prospects, and personally managing a portfolio of 75-100 high-level donors/prospects;
- Managing prospect research for major gift potential;
- Managing a donor recognition system, including event and communication tactics;
- Managing reporting and tracking to meet internal planning and management needs and external compliance requirements;
- Coordinating the design, marketing, implementation, and monitoring of the organization’s planned giving/bequest program in accordance with fiscal and legal requirements;
- Designing, implementing, and managing cultivation and stewardship activities for organizational special events, including, but not limited to, Grand Convention;
- Serving as a spokesperson for the organization and frequently communicating with a variety of audiences about the mission of Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation (requires some travel within the United States);
- Identifying, developing, and mentoring development volunteers and staff;
- Adhering to the highest ethical standards.