Special Gifts Officer
New Hyde Park, NY
We are Northwell Health, and we’re shaping the future of health care. As the state’s largest health care provider with 21 hospitals and nearly 450 outpatient sites of care, we serve a community of 8 million people in the metro New York area and beyond.
At Northwell Health, we believe every role, every person and every moment matters. We embrace our Culture of C.A.R.E. (Connectedness, Awareness, Respect and Empathy) with our people and the communities we serve and our organization’s values of Caring, Excellence, Innovation and Integrity. This helps us make a powerful and positive impact on our patients’ and customers’ experiences.
Our employees are always encouraged to become the best they can be through growth and education. To make the extraordinary the new ordinary, and to make breakthroughs happen every day. Join our 61,000 strong today.
The Special Gifts Officer identifies, qualifies and manages portfolio of active and prospective donors from direct mail and grateful patient programs, e-philanthropy, fundraising and stewardship events, and outpatient/inpatient lists; cultivates a "culture of philanthropy"; and partners with Constituency Program and Major Gifts to build major gifts pipeline and to fulfill goals and objectives.
- Participates in the development of long and short-term strategic plans in conjunction with Constituency and Major Gifts team to build donor pipeline.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, manages, solicits and stewards active portfolio of 100+ donors and prospects with gift capabilities of up to $50,000.
- Collaborates with Major Gifts team, identifies and transitions donors with $50,000+ potential.
- Works in conjunction with Director, Annual Giving, Special Events team, and Prospect Research and Development team, to identify and implement strategies for potential donors from annual fund programs, fundraising events and cold prospect lists.
- In conjunction with Director, Annual Giving develops and implements an inpatient/outpatient prospecting initiative, including direct mail and cold calls to potential donors.
- Participates in stewardship and fundraising events.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years progressive related experience in fundraising, for profit revenue generating, including securing five figure gifts/sales.
- Experience working with donors and/or prospects, developing appropriate cultivation strategies, moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making cold prospecting calls, and maintaining stewardship contacts.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Knowledge of and experience with Raiser's Edge system, preferred.
Apply online and search by job id # 011X5 at: NorthwellCareers.com
We are an equal opportunity/AA employer: F/M/Disability/Vet