Soroptimist International of the Americas is a global organization of more than 32,000 women in 20 different countries, speaking in 6 different languages, all working together to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. By focusing on our core value of education, we envision a world where women and girls will have access to resources and opportunities to reach their full potential and live their dreams. In addition, Soroptimist sponsors LiveYourDream.org, our online volunteer organization with more than 80,000 active supporters. JOIN US!
The Database Coordinator is responsible for the integrity of the iMIS database and for thoughtful report writing and data analysis. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Database Coordinator is also responsible for donor acknowledgement functions, supporting prospect research and pipeline development, data queries, and import and export functions.
- Contributes to the iMIS database processes for fundraising and helps develop guidelines to ensure data integrity, ease of use, and accuracy of extracted data
- Performs member/donor database administration functions, including security set-up, duplicate record merging, clean-up tasks, and quality control audits
- Work closely with IT and outside vendors to troubleshoot network and software issues
- Handles scheduled data imports and exports ensuring timely and accurate data transmittals to and from iMIS
- Generates and distributes financial, analytical, statistical, and demographic reports; mailing lists, recognition lists, and customized data extractions as requested by development staff
- Streamlines work with other SIA departments that utilize iMIS database to decrease duplicate effort, while establishing the iMIS Fundraising Module and iMIS Staff Site Reporting features as the central information source for the Development Department
- Provides user training in fundraising module of iMIS and staff site; lends technical support to all database users
- Collaborates with frontline fundraisers in prospect research and moves management activities of the Development Department
- Works with Finance Department to reconcile gifts, provide transaction information and reports, troubleshoot issues and, when required, reevaluate contributions processing procedures to improve gift tracking, reconciliation, and reporting
- Anticipates and responds to increasing the effectiveness of the iMIS database as it pertains to fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five years of experience in donor data management
- Advanced skills in association management databases
- Expertise developing and writing reports in Excel, SQL, Informz and Crystal Reports
- Experience with fundraising software including Donor Search, Salsa, and Informz
- Strong understanding of fundraising, donor & prospect management and marketing practices; as well as gift processing and financial processes
- Solid process management skills with proficient knowledge of iMIS, fundraising, donor and prospect management and gift entry protocols
- Excellent data analysis skills, especially relating to fundraising
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills, good organizational, interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to create basic process documentation, handle implementation and training
- Energetic with a strong sense of initiative, creative problem solving and flexibility
- Must be able to meet critical deadlines.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with your name and position in the title line. Qualified candidates will be contacted and references may be requested at interview.
Soroptimist offers a comfortable working environment with attractive benefits including: paid health insurance, generous vacation and sick leave and employer contributions to 401K. Soroptimist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.