The ideal candidate is passionate about the mission of ECP, has superb communication and organization skills and brings a successful record of major gifts cultivation and stewardship (6 figure).
This is a new position and will require an individual who has the knowledge and experience to organize our development efforts, assess and identify a potential major gifts prospect pool, build relationships, manage communications and track relevant components.
The Major Gifts Officer will:
-contribute expertise to develop and execute a strategic plan for generating revenue from new donors, with a concentration on five and six figure gifts.
-effectively represent and articulate the work of EDF, presenting a compeling case for support of the organization.
- demonstrate well-honed skills in developing donor cultivation and solicitation.
- be committed to ECP's mission and values and adhere to a plant-based diet.
- have outstanding interpersonal skills; a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction, including discussions of personal and family finances.
- possess well-developed communication skills, including excellent writing ability and public speaking skills.
- have knowledge of and ability to use fundraising databases.
- possess creativity, energy, confidence and integrity. Commit to a high level of discretion and respect for donor privacy.
- show initiative and independence combined with the ability to work well as part of team.
- communicate regularly with and report to the CSO in a collaborative effort to thoughtfully expand development efforts and identify potential donors.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
Ann Robin, Chief Strategy Officer