You will have:
- In-depth knowledge of an academic discipline normally acquired through completion of an undergraduate university degree in a relevant field;
- a certificate or diploma in fundraising will be considered an asset;
- superior organizational and administrative skills, as well as a proven ability to work to deadlines;
- 3- 5 years directly related work experience ideally within a fundraising department;
- proven ability to write executive level correspondence, reports, briefing notes and other written material;
- expert level knowledge of current computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Desktop Publishing, word processing, spreadsheets, database management software (Raiser’s Edge), E-mail, and Internet in a windows environment;
- demonstrated financial management skills;
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism;
- ability to work under pressure, respond to changing priorities and function as a highly efficient assistant;
- ability to work in a diverse and multicultural environment;
- must possess a positive and friendly manner;
- excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills;
- must demonstrate good judgement, strong initiative and must be goal-oriented;
- experience working with fundraising volunteers or committees;
- knowledge of the social services section and awareness of women’s issues;
- knowledge of culturally diverse communities and ability to work well with people from diverse background;
- knowledge of girls’ and women’s services and the voluntary sector would be an asset;
- must be able to work directly with the public and funders, representing the YWCA if necessary.
Core Competencies: The employee is expected to:
- Understand and support the mission and beliefs of YWCA Toronto;
- incorporate principles of anti-oppression and equity at YWCA Toronto; be an ambassador for YWCA Toronto to promote a culture of philanthropy through respectful, proactive relationships with donors and within the YWCA;
- demonstrate respect, consideration and acceptance of the opinions of others while expressing her own expertise and effectively utilizing relevant resources and specialists;
- consistently collaborate with team members, sharing ideas and differences openly;
- be receptive to new ideas and adapt to change as necessary;
- value the contribution of others and take action to strengthen partnerships and support others to achieve effective outcomes;
- take action to avoid or solve problems and create opportunities for positive change;
- demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
The hours of work for this position are 35 hours per week. The salary for this position is $45,353 per annum (Level 5), plus comprehensive benefits. Note: may be required to work in excess of 35 hours per week; including evenings and weekends. Restriction on vacation: two weeks before and one week after events.
Please note: A police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
Submit your cover letter and résumé to: Firoozeh Radjai, Director of Philanthropy. YWCA Toronto. 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 0A8. E-Mail: email@example.com
Internal Deadline: Monday, February 13, 2017 External Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
YWCA Toronto is a perfume free environment.