Core Competencies: The employee is expected to:
- Understand and support the mission and beliefs of YWCA Toronto;
- incorporate principles of anti-oppression and equity at YWCA Toronto;
- be an ambassador for YWCA Toronto to promote a culture of philanthropy through respectful, proactive relationships with donors and within the YWCA;
- demonstrate respect, consideration and acceptance of the opinions of others while expressing her own expertise and effectively utilizing relevant resources and specialists;
- consistently collaborate with team members, sharing ideas and differences openly;
- be receptive to new ideas and adapt to change as necessary;
- value the contribution of others and take action to strengthen partnerships and support others to achieve effective outcomes;
- take action to avoid or solve problems and create opportunities for positive change;
- demonstrate commitment to ongoing personal and professional development.
The hours of work for this position are 35 hours per week. The salary for this position is $45,353 per annum (Level 5), plus comprehensive benefits. Note: may be required to work in excess of 35 hours per week; including evenings and weekends. Restriction on vacation: two weeks prior to a major Community Outreach event.
Please note: A police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189. This position is within the Bargaining Unit. Please indicate on your cover letter if you are an internal candidate. For internal applicants, this position is not secondable.
Submit your cover letter and résumé to: Phoebe Wong, Manager of Events, Sponsorships and Volunteers. YWCA Toronto. 87 Elm Street, Toronto, ON, M5G 0A8. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Deadline: Monday, February 13, 2017 External Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women of all races, colours, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations. YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.
YWCA Toronto is a perfume free environment.