Soroptimist International of the Americas is a global organization of more than 32,000 women in 20 different countries, speaking in 6 different languages, all working together to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. By focusing on our core value of education, we envision a world where women and girls will have access to resources and opportunities to reach their full potential and live their dreams. In addition, Soroptimist sponsors LiveYourDream.org, our online volunteer organization with more than 80,000 active supporters. JOIN US!
The Annual Fund Coordinator supports SIA’s fundraising goals through direct mail, email, telephone, website, social media, general communications and frontline fundraising. S/he will design and implement strategies to ensure successful solicitations from all SIA constituencies, including providing strategic support to colleagues who solicit major gifts directly from individuals.
- Works closely with the Director of Development and colleagues to develop strategies for cultivating
- Develops and implements annual donor stewardship plan
- Partners with Communications/Marketing department team colleagues to generate compelling annual fund asks and acknowledgements
- Generates sophisticated appeals utilizing segmentation and analysis to improve acquisition and retention of donors; refines appeals based upon continued analysis and testing
- Manage a prompt acknowledgement system, reviewing methods and policies periodically for accuracy, efficiency and legal/regulatory requirements
- Co-responsible for growing the Annual Fund and increasing the donor base
- Partners with IT and Finance departments to ensure timely donor acknowledgements, including thank you letters
- Provides monthly updates on fundraising progress to senior management
- Works closely with colleagues to maintain and update the online giving pages, and support all fundraising initiatives that require website or physical collateral to raise annual funds for SIA
- Works within budget, and learns to forecast annual fund revenue for accurate development planning
- Manages relationship with direct mail vendors
- Assists in special cultivation and fundraising events as needed
- Responds to member/donor inquiries about appeal contributions and fundraising
- Manages monthly Giving and Laurel Legacy promotion and enrollments
- Oversees fundraising recognition programs
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Three to five years of experience in annual fundraising or related field
- Preferred experience working in a complex organization
- Sophisticated spreadsheet and fundraising database skills including: segmentation, response rate, and ROI analysis
- High level of initiative and motivation
- Superb interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and projects
- Utilizes best practices and clear and persuasive writing for fundraising appeals
- Strong computer skills including understanding of Microsoft Office and familiarity with fundraising databases such as: iMIS, Raiser's Edge, Salesforce, or other similar CRM systems
- High level of problem solving aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel out of town to attend meetings as required.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and position in the title line. Qualified candidates will be contacted and references may be requested at interview.
Soroptimist offers a comfortable working environment with attractive benefits including: paid health insurance, generous vacation and sick leave and employer contributions to 401K. Soroptimist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.