Trinity’s Major Gifts Department in AR&D
The position reports to the Senior Director of Major and Planned Gifts. Overall there are 37 team members within Trinity’s Alumni Relations and Development Division; currently 10 members on the Major and Planned Gifts team.
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in donor cultivation, leadership solicitation and ongoing stewardship skills
- The desire and ability to generate philanthropic support and partnership engagement across University academic and programmatic units and in assigned geographic areas
- Ability to cooperatively interact with professionals in annual giving, alumni relations, special events, prospect and stewardship functions
- Energy and enthusiastic commitment to building relationships for the institution
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking, written and oral communication, including the ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts
- Unquestioned personal integrity, credibility, maturity and work ethic
- Develop and implement strategies to cultivate and ask for five to eight figure gifts and steward donors toward the generation of future gifts
- Maintain portfolio of major gift prospects, keen attention to gift activity and production metrics, extensive travel and participation in evening and weekend work-related activities.
- Provide support for campaign fundraising activities as well as engage and support volunteer leadership committees and individual alumni volunteers
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Major and Planned Gifts department as well as Alumni Relations, Annual Giving and with Marketing/Communications to meet objectives and strengthen relations with the University
Equipment and Accuracy
- Equipment (required): Computer literate with knowledge & ability with word processing equipment & familiarity with data entry and retrieval. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Accuracy (required): Ability to communicate effectively in English with sound knowledge of spelling, punctuation & grammar.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Usual office conditions. May work on weekends and under pressure to meet office deadlines. Some travel necessary.
- Maintaining and satisfying minimum attendance requirements is an essential function of this position, including working all full-time regular hours as established for this position and any scheduled or emergency overtime.
Resume and a list of three references will be accepted until 5:00 PM on February 20, 2017.
We fully respect the need for confidentiality of information supplied by interested parties and assure them that their backgrounds and interests will not be discussed with anyone, including the leadership of Trinity University, without prior consent, nor will reference contacts be made until mutual interest has been established.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and reference list to:
email@example.com or by mail to Trinity University, Office of Human Resources, One Trinity Place, San Antonio, TX 78212.