Rivers of Steel is one of 49 National Heritage Areas designated by the U.S. Congress of the United States, and as a State Heritage Area by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. These designations allow Rivers of Steel to work with communities, businesses, local governments, and other partners to promote the southwestern Pennsylvania’s industrial and cultural heritage and to develop ways to generate tourism and community economic development in throughout the region. The recent merger and acquisition of RiverQuest adds to this mission allowing for more integrated programming and interpretation, expanded access to public funding through Rivers of Steel’s network within the National Park Service and the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, and provides the opportunity to increase revenue opportunities for RiverQuest through Rivers of Steel’s successful tour business. Since its founding, Rivers of Steel has expressed interest in developing programming with a physical presence on the three rivers, now a reality with the RiverQuest merger. Along with the Carrie Furnaces tours, the goal of Rivers of Steel is a seamless, integrated RiverQuest program melded with the successful programming and projects already underway.
With an operating budget of over $3.0 million, the organization is poised for growth and expansion. The Director of Development is one of three new senior level positions created by the Board of Directors of Rivers of Steel.
For additional information, please visit www.riversofsteel.com.
The Director of Development is responsible for overseeing the development, promotion, implementation and evaluation of all fund raising efforts of Rivers of Steel/RiverQuest programs. Reporting to, and in close partnership with the President/Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts as Rivers of Steel Heritage Corporation continues to grow. As a new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development function.
The Director of Development will demonstrate leadership and management by:
- Developing and execute the organization’s annual fundraising plan.
- Securing financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Managing the implementation and use of DonorPro.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with major donors
- Creating and executing a strategy for a large, sustained base of annual individual donors
- Overseeing the organization and execution of special events
- Developing and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Identifying potential new government and private foundation grants, through outreach, advocacy and research.
The Director of Development will deliver outstanding outcomes while successfully addressing the following in the first six months in the position:
- Work with staff and board to develop and recruit key donors/supporters and begin to actively solicit donations;
- Develop and refine Rivers of Steel software donor system (DonorPro) to efficiently and accurately track donors;
- Work with President and CEO to identify additional local, state, and national foundations and public grant opportunities.
This position offers a competitive compensation package, including a complement of health and retirement benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants shall send their information to email@example.com. Please provide resume, cover letter, salary history and references.
Rivers of Steel is an equal opportunity employer.