The University of Illinois at Chicago welcomes applications for Director of Corporate & Foundation Relations. This position reports to the Executive Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations. He/She will design and implement strategic and operational plans required for building and managing relationships with corporations and foundations. Provides guidance to Deans, Unit leadership, Faculty and Advancement Staff regarding corporate and foundation development activities and initiatives.
- Partnering with unit-based staff and campus leadership, identifies, develops, cultivates and solicits corporations and foundations
- Develops strategies for corporations and foundations that match campus funding priorities.
- Chooses strategies and actions needed to solicit grants and donations to support UIC and its activities.
- Initiates, develops and cultivates relationships with corporate and philanthropic communities.
- Works with key campus leadership to build the visibility, stature and brand of UIC within the Chicago business and philanthropic communities.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Public Administration or other related area.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience securing major gifts in a university or college development program or other comparable non-profit organization required. Corporate and foundation relations experience preferred.
- Requires excellent communication, organization, presentation and computer/pc skills including proficiency in
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint…) along with experience using fundraising tracking software.
- Prior knowledge and familiarity with local and national business and philanthropic environments.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Advancement connects the vision and passion of UIC’s alumni, friends, faculty, staff, and corporations and foundations, with the pieces of our mission most meaningful to them. We help donors create the impact they envision, whether it be scholarship for a promising student seeking a life-changing education, funding for researchers working to discover new knowledge in a particular arena or support for a university-community collaboration that will anchor stronger, healthier societies.
UIC is progressive and ground-breaking. We serve the needs of aspiring students and a devoted top-tier faculty who share a commitment to the promise of public education. Public service is at the core of the ethical values that inform what we do. An acclaimed research institution, UIC is made up of 15 top-ranking colleges and a health sciences system that includes a hospital, clinics and seven health sciences colleges. The student body is recognized as one of the most ethnically rich and culturally diverse among public universities nationwide. It reflects the vibrant and economically robust city we call home, which is as much a part of UIC as UIC is a part of Chicago.
TO APPLY, PLEASE GO DIRECTLY TO THE UIC JOB BOARD: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=74898&job=director-of-corporate-foundation-relations FOR FULLEST CONSIDERATION PLEASE APPLY BY FEBRUARY 22, 2017. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act