Lund is a Vermont nonprofit organization with a 125 year history of serving families and children throughout the state. Lund has a $10 million budget, 135 dedicated employees, and is headquartered in South Burlington, VT. Our mission is to help children thrive by empowering families to break cycles of poverty, addiction and abuse. Lund offers hope and opportunity to families through education, treatment, family support and adoption. Visit www.lundvt.org to learn more.
Currently hiring a full-time Director of Development. Director is responsible for the planning and implementation of a multi-faceted development program to advance charitable giving; building, growing and sustaining fundraising and communication activities that capture the interest of and stimulate the philanthropic intent of prospective donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations and civic organizations; and aims to maximize contributions raised by the organization, while at the same time increasing awareness and support for Lund’s mission and programs throughout the state. Director works closely with the Executive Director, department managers, development staff, and the Board of Trustees to facilitate, support and guide involvement in the fundraising efforts for Lund.
- Develop and implement multi-year strategic development plan that links to the agency’s strategic plan. The plan will include goals, objectives, and timetable focused on increasing levels of support from current and past donors, corporations and foundations.
- Coordinate all aspects of development efforts, including annual giving, major gift giving, corporate giving, planned giving, donor stewardship, special events, grant writing, and restricted gift management.
- Direct and oversee Lund’s grant application process for foundation and government support, abiding by effective proposal submissions and adherence to reporting requirements.
- Facilitate donor education, recognition, and stewardship programs.
- Manage development budget and ensure that fundraising and communications expenditures convey Lund’s overall vision, strategic directions and core values.
- Develop and maintain fundraising statistics and narrative reports as needed. Establish performance measures and monitor results to evaluate effectiveness of the organization’s development program and activities.
- Maintain Lund’s donor database and manage it so data is timely, accurate and consistently recorded in accordance with development, finance and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Develop creative and compelling marketing and public relations strategies to enhance visibility and public awareness of Lund’s programs and mission.
Why Join Our Team at Lund:
- We honor and celebrate the distinctive strengths and talents of our clients and staff.
- Our work encompasses collaboration with a strong team of professionals and a strengths-based approach to providing services to families.
- Lund’s adoption program provides life-long services to families brought together through adoption.
- Lund’s residential and community treatment programs are distinctive as our work focuses on both treatment and parenting.
- Lund’s educators believe in laughter, the importance of fun, community-oriented activities, and non-stop learning.
- Ongoing training opportunities are available.
- Lund offers competitive pay and paid training, as well as a comprehensive and very generous benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, extensive time off accrual, 11 paid holidays, and wellness reimbursement. EEO/AA
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample to apply.
Lund is committed to diversity. Lund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, place of birth, veteran status, age, or national origin. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.