We seek a seasoned, proactive, and entrepreneurial development leader to direct efforts to expand our donor universe and maximize our revenue.
This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to help a high-impact international nonprofit realize its fundraising potential and increase its reach and influence.
Coordinate and lead the implementation of DRI’s annual fundraising plan and serve as a thought partner to the Executive Director.
Participate in annual planning and budgeting process and, in collaboration with the organization’s leadership, establish annual revenue goals for each funding constituency.
Monitor revenue and ensure projections are achieved.
Develop fundraising “muscle” of the board of directors.
Collaborate closely with Executive Director on foundation fundraising and the expansion of DRI’s individual donor base, including prospect identification, materials preparation, and strategy development.
Direct and manage all aspects of the annual fund, with the aim of building and strengthening this mechanism.
Oversee stewardship activities including gift acknowledgement and reporting.
Ensure all fundraising materials are created to the highest standard.
Stay abreast of trends and developments in fundraising.
Engage with program staff to develop appropriate degree of knowledge about the disability rights field and familiarity with the organization's substantive work.
Participate as a member of the senior management team and contribute to the overall management of the organization.
Lead the organization in professional standards, ethics, and best practices related to fundraising.
Knowledge, Skill and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years experience, including in successively senior fundraising positions.
- A successful track record obtaining six-figure gifts and above and multi-year commitments. (Experience with international and/or disability funders a plus.)
- A demonstrable interest in human rights and disability rights, as well as relevant work experience (e.g. fundraising for policy and advocacy work).
- Exceptional people skills: excellent interpersonal and team building skills; gifted at relationship-building; ease relating to subject area specialists.
- Knowledge of all aspects of fundraising, including foundation and individual gifts.
- Top notch written and oral communications; this includes strong writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable within a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), as well as proficiency working with donor databases.
- Available for domestic and international travel.