The Director of Development for Development and Alumni Relations at The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) is responsible for overseeing activities for the Heart and Vascular Institute and at least one other clinical service. These development activities include: the identification of departmental priorities, building a written case for support and development, motivation of faculty, and meeting with prospects to achieve fundraising goals.
• Develops effective relationships with medical faculty and department chairs to advance the mission of the department, medical center, and university;
• Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospects of the Medical Center for major gifts of $ 50,000 and above;
• Manages relationships in a portfolio of at least 100 major gifts prospects rated for gifts of $ 50,000 or more;
• Works within the GWU research and prospect management system;
• Achieves goals for visits, solicitations, and dollars raised as approved by the Executive Director and Clinical Care and Research in collaboration with the Associate Vice President, Medical Center Development and Alumni Relations;
• Coordinates visits with academic medical leadership, physicians, and appropriate staff;
• Collaborates with colleagues across the Medical Center and GWU to achieve closure of comprehensive gift strategies;
• Develops relationships with department chairs, medical faculty, nurses, and related healthcare providers in assigned medical areas, in collaboration with academic leadership to define and advance departmental priorities;
• Coordinate with Medical Center and GWU development services, such as prospect research, stewardship, gift processing, special events, and creative services in order to provide the highest level of service to prospects and donors;
• Performs other work related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.