Els for Autism Foundation, a non-profit human services agency, has an opening for a Chief Financial Officer in Jupiter, Florida. The CFO will direct all aspects of our organization’s financial affairs, lead key strategic and tactical initiatives, continuously evaluate systems and performance, identify areas for operational redesign and lead improvement efforts. Strong business and financial acumen is required to provide strategic and analytical direction to the organization’s financial affairs. Stellar interpersonal skills are required to partner with the Board and Leadership Team and build and maintain superior relationships with various stakeholders. The CFO will oversee a team of dedicated financial professionals in an organization that values the ideas and contributions of all staff and is deeply committed to our vision, mission and values.
- Assess organizational performance against the annual operating and capital budgets, as well as our long-term strategy. Develop methods to provide financial and operational information that is crucial to strategies and operations.
- Oversee short- and long-term budgetary planning in alignment with our strategic plan and annual objectives, especially as the organization considers potential acquisitions and collaborations with external organizations.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulatory requirements. Provide financial reporting and metrics, both internally and externally.
- Maintain internal control safeguards and coordinate all audit activities. Participate in risk management, including Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Professional Liability, and Fiscal Compliance Audit.
- Perform treasury functions including bank and public financing, capital advances from HUD and other government funding sources, and cash management. Monitor and achieve all required regulatory covenants related to financing.
- Engage the Board's Finance, Audit, and Investment Committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating models and operational delivery. Assist in, select and engage outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors, attorneys, etc.).
- Manage and track the performance of agency investments in keeping with the policies and guidelines established by the Board.
- Manage cash flow and forecasting. Develop and manage effective banking relationships to ensure optimal cash management, borrowing capacity, and related functions.
- Approve established policies and procedures of financial activities and collaborate with the Leadership Team through implementation.