Virginia Tech would like to invite applicants for the position of:
Director of Major Gifts
The Director of Major Gifts at the Marion duPont Scott Equine Medical Center (EMC), a part of the Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine (VMCVM) at Virginia Tech, will solicit philanthropic gifts from grateful clients, friends of EMC, and alumni of Virginia Tech who align with the Center's strategic priorities. This highly motivated professional will be involved with the planning and implementation of the Center's major gift fund raising efforts in support of current operations, endowment, capital, and other priorities from private sources. He/She will fulfill the duties under the direction of VMCVM in close cooperation with the University's central advancement office
Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Advancement for the Virginia Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine, the Director of Major Gifts will:
- Assist with fund-raising and engagement activities for the EMC within designated time frames
- Cultivate, solicit, steward, and identify prospects for the EMC
- Have a portfolio of between 75 – 100 prospects
- Have typical solicitation ranges of $250,000 to $1,000,000
- Close $2,000,000 per year using a three year rolling average
- Close on average 10 – 13 gifts per fiscal year
- Provide strategic direction and coordination of the EMC Advisory Council
- Develop and implement cultivation, solicitation, and engagement strategies which include building, managing, and soliciting a portfolio of major gift prospects and the broader EMC community
- Establish strong working relationships with central advancement, collegiate and constituent development officers and the College staff to foster a productive work environment
- Work closely with the Assistant Dean of Advancement of VMCVM, Director of the EMC, Dean of VMCVM, faculty, residents, farriers, as well as staff of EMC and VMCVM to develop and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies in support of their programs
Interested candidates must apply online at www.jobs.vt.edu and search for posting #AP0170029.
Include with the faculty application, a cover letter, resume, and list of five references. Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodation in the application process please notify the Human Resources Service Center, 540-231-9331, HRServiceCenter@vt.edu.
A review of applications will begin after March 10, 2017.
Quick Link: http://listings.jobs.vt.edu/postings/73285.
To learn more about Virginia Tech and community, please visit:
Living in Blacksburg:
Virginia Tech is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.