As a key member of the Office of Philanthropy and Mission Support, the Manager of Annual Giving and Donor Engagement (Manager) will design and implement strategies for engaging team members, residents, family members and other key constituents toward philanthropic support. The Manager provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for all these areas in the context of growing the annual giving program. The Manager’s primary responsibility is the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and oversight of supporting initiatives in the areas of development services and donor relations.
Develops a coordinated matrix of communications and solicitation strategies involving email, direct mail, phone, personal visitations, social media, special events and volunteers. Fosters the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual giving and the ministry as a whole.
Promotes and provides exceptional customer service in support of Presby’s Service from the Heart – honors each individual by creating a pleasant and professional work environment; embraces excellence by leading by example; anticipating customer needs through clear and consistent communication and an openness to feedback; responding with respect and compassion serving as coach and mentor; taking responsibility and going the extra mile through accountability and stewardship in words and actions, presenting a positive image for Presby’s Inspired Life.
- Design, implement, and manage a comprehensive proactive development plan focused on expanding and enhancing individual relationships and coordinating activities related to obtaining monetary support; determine long- and short-range goals accordingly.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities within specific market segments identified as having potential (and inclination) for the greatest growth; manage a prospect pool with goals for personal visits and giving outcomes.
- Oversee all annual giving services and donor relations programs, including team member campaigns, data entry, report writing, donor stewardship and key aspects of the constituent relations software. Formulate and execute a communications program supporting annual giving.
- Work effectively with major gifts leadership to gain participation in annual giving and build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels.
- Participate in the orchestration of special events to identify, cultivate and solicit charitable donations from a broad base of constituents.
- Create, develop and executive a highly-effective and sustainable volunteer component within annual giving expectations for those involved.
- Identify emerging individual giving trends with a special emphasis on developing high value alliances for those viewed with the inclination toward annual gifts up to $10,000.
- Work closely with community managers and other ministry representatives to create opportunities to build awareness among key constituencies in order to build and significantly expand positive fund-raising relationships. Identify key prospects and review profiles that suggest potential relationships because of common interests.
- Maintain high quality stewardship processes for active individual prospects and donors. Ensure that stewardship and reporting requirements are met to sustain successful partnerships by maintaining detailed records of solicitation activities.
- Develop highly competitive proposals for giving leverage diverse individual interests in conjunction with the evolving goals of the ministry. Monitor proposal deadlines, prepare and edit proposals, and manage solicitation cycles.
- Maintain a rigorous schedule of contacts with key prospects creating moves management plans related to them, compelling presentations and comprehensive solicitation materials.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed.